「FIVE」.˚ ᵎ┊͙◟̆◞̆

A BOYHOOD DREAM

 desc. taehyung likes a childhood friend (company ver.)

if it wasnt for the photo frame, taehyung would have forgotten about his first love. and his first friend. who just happened to be the same person.

oh, but it was impossible to not have loved jeon jungkook. even at age four he was the prettiest angel taehyung had ever seen. though jungkook always told him he was the prettiest. even at age four.

of course they knew each other for longer than that. they met when they were perhaps two, becoming neighbors all the way up to high school. two months before graduation, jungkook simply disappeared. taehyungs beautiful angel, just evaporated into thin air. 

taehyung wondered if it had anything to do with him. he and jungkook had kissed for the first time behind the bleachers like the all-out-clique-high-school scene, but it was the most delightful thing that had ever acrossed taehyungs lips. he wondered if thats why jungkook vanished, right after their kiss.

and taehyung liked jungkook. he liked him a lot. he loved him. he loved him a lot.

he just wished there had been more time.

oh how badly he wanted to confess at age fucking seven, and how much he believed jungkook only liked girls at age thirteen. and of course he had to be stubborn, had to be afraid, waiting and waiting and waiting, as if something would actually happen.

until it did happen, until jungkook kissed him beneath the bleachers and told him he loved him. and then he left. and never came back.

taehyung should have gotten over him. but he simpily couldnt. jungkook was a stranger at birth, a neighbor at only a couple months old, a best friend for many years of childhood, a crush in the soaring peaks of teen. it only occured to taehyung long after jungkook left that the boy was much more than a best friend, much more than a crush. he was everything to taehyung.

and after taehyung's house burned down and the only thing that was saved was a backpack-taehyung might have forgotten about the boy. but that picture of them when they were seven, missing teeth and big box grins, it loomed in taehyungs nightmares and his daydreams. out of everything, all that survived from flames had to be a picture of the two, as if the universe was hoping, begging, for taehyung to find jungkook again.

taehyung never did. because jungkook found him. and this is the story how.

long long years after that first and only kiss, taehyung was twenty five and working at a top magazine issuing company. he applied as a minor-editor of tabloids and small articles and got placed as the head of portrait illustrators, from the biggest magazine production in korea. he couldnt have been more lucky.

"hey tae!"

"morning."

yunjun, the lead editor, hooked his arm in taehyungs. "come, i need to introduce you to the new head manager!"

taehyung groaned. "no thanks."

out of nowhere a deep, handsome filled the room. the sound made taehyungs spine shiver. "taehyung."

taehyung sighed, filling his cup with coffee. "hi joonie."

kim namjoon gave a little smile, swooping the cup from taehyungs hands. "no more caffine. your addicted."

"hey!" taehyung scowled, slapping his brother lightly. a knock suddenly rammed onto the door. yunjun rushed to open it. he and two other people came back in after a brief conversation.

" this is the new head manager, guys."

a man stepped from behind yujun. he was tall, with strong black eyes and heavily tattooed arms. taehyung dropped his papers. 

"jeon jungkook." he said.

the newcomer blinked at him. "kim taehyung."

yujun may have said something to interfere, but it was much too late. taehyung flew from his seat and ran into jungkooks chest, leaping into his arms. and they kissed, a heavy, sweet, longing kiss.

taehyung hiccuped, suddenly sobbing. "i missed you, i missed you so much!"

"its alright baby, im here, im here now." jungkook murmured, caressing taehyungs back. "im here, baby, and you're here, and thats all we need, yeah?"

taehyung nodded vigorously "i-i love you."

"i love you. im sorry."

taehyung sniffled. " i am too."

"for what, baby? you didnt do anything." jungkook whispered gently.

"no. im sorry for losing hope."

---

this is like the shortest thing ive ever written

ill edit it later :))

tell me what yall think !!

if you like this, check out "meet again" on my profile :D

basically about how jk and tae are ex's who meet after two years--and have to live, laugh, and love with each other in a boyband called bts.

your going to realize i love the, "best friends/lovers into ex's/separated who meet again" prompt :-D