「TEN」.˚ ᵎ┊͙◟̆◞̆

IMPERMANENT

desc. taehyung hates someone whos gone. (tattoo ver.)

--

[part two of nine.]

--

jungkook walked closer to him. taehyung could feel his heart bouncing all over the place, rattling like mad. 

he looked at the man, the man he had loved, the man who  was his ex husband. jungkook had changed. jungkook was alive. taehyung wanted to hack his throat.

"i hate you." he spat, not at all amused, not at all convinced at his stupid story. 

maybe the military  did force him. maybe the government did drag him. but he had still been gone. long before that phone call, jungkook was gone. he'd stopped talking, stopped kissing, stopped loving. he was nothing but gone.

jungkook seemed to falter. he stopped his calm composure, the look on his face stern yet handsome. he blinked, and took a step back. not exactly scared but definitely hurt.

and yet he tilted his head and gave a half grin. "you dont."

taehyung, his face and vision glossed in red, screamed. "of course i do, you fucking monster! i hate you, i hate you. go away, i dont care, go away!"

jungkook began walking to him again, this time not stopping. he aimed right to taehyung, until his chest was just a few inches away from the latter.

taehyung gritted his teeth. "get. out."

whatever this jeon jungkook character was thinking, wasnt good. he placed his tough hands on taehyungs shoulders, forcing the boy to look at him. "i love you."

he was taken aback, but at the same time, words flowed out of his sharp tongue like a rehearsed line. "you never did."

if taehyung tried, he could get away. if he tried, he would bawl in his little apartment shed and never see day again. if he tried, jungkook would follow.

"oh darling, you know i did. you know," the colonel said, "i love you."

taehyung looked down. darling. his eyesight was blurry with the threats to cry, his lips dry and cracked. and he thought for a moment that he had never wanted jungkook so badly. those lifeless nights of him in the basement and taehyung in their bedroom. those dreary mornings where he would make breakfast, just to find jungkook already out the door. and the times he spent alone, with his husband oversees, not even bothering to call. taehyung wanted him worse than those years.

and he was just about to mock him, tease him, hurt him, but a little band of silver blinked into taehyungs vision from the clouds of tears, rose up like a gift.

he told himself it was just to guilt himself but...well, no.

okay, that was a choice. jungkook had a choice. to wake up and wear that devil ring! how dare he, how could he? years of nothing, lifetimes of hatred, just to be forgiven by a forged piece of jewelry, told as a symbol of...what was it? love?

how funny.

taehyung didnt realize it, but he scoffed at the ring of their marriage. 

darling.

that name hurt too.

jungkook started talking.

"you were mine. you were mine forever! but then," he shook his head,  "but then it just disappeared, like in thin air. and how hard i hoped you wouldnt believe them!"

"but i...im just sorry, darling. i am sorry. theres nothing with it, im sorry. it was me, i shouldnt have dug into the work and the drills-im sorry, really, really sorry. i'd just like to work here, support you. and your friend. i'll help and everything! and ill stay away! but i love you. i love you over anything and everything, ill love you like that as long as i live."