「THREE」.˚ ᵎ┊͙◟̆◞̆

YOU ARE SIXTEEN, GOING ON SEVENTEEN

desc. jungkook likes a junior. (song ver.)

jungkook is a singer.

an aspiring singer, that is.

he dreamt that one day his voice would find him popularity, find him opportunities. maybe even find him love.

but that was just being greedy.

though...if it meant to be greedy, jungkook would have done it for love. no, not for love, for someone. for one boy.

for kim taehyung.

oh kim taehyung, he was so exemplary, so innocent. he was everything jungkook ever wanted. he was so small, so adorable. taehyung made jungkook smile, even if he had to hide that smile. even though taehyung was a junior, jungkook felt like he loved him more then anybody. 

they were friends. maybe a little closer to acquaintances. they saw each other for sure, talked to each other...but they didnt really know each other truly. maybe that was an understatment. they sometimes ate lunch together.

jungkook liked, loved him because he was nerdy. he was just a big geek, a little fluffball. he loved him because he was sweet and caring, thoughtful to everything and anything. he loved him because he was quiet and shy, cute in every angle. he loved him because taehyung, well, taehyung was taehyung. and jungkook was jungkook. two simple, considerate bookworms.

jungkook told taehyung everything. he told him so much that he felt empty with new information. but he always found some, as long as it was for taehyung. of course, the only thing taehyung didnt know was his crush. or the fact that he liked to sing. so much for being aquantinces.

_______

taehyung tapped him on the shoulder gently. "h-hi jungkookie." his face was awfully red. the large frameless glasses perched on his nose made his eyes look clearer, with a wash of sparkles. 

"hey." 

the boy always had a stutter around everyone. he was adorable that way. " wh-where are you going?"

" um." jungkook eyes flashed to the band room, where he would always go to sing, during lunch. "make-up, make-up test in ms. lam's class."

"oh." taehyung gave an easy smile. "o-okay. i'll...i'll see you around."

"right. see you."

before taehyung could leave, jungkook quickly swifted down and pecked a kiss on the boys cheek. it was a brief momment of insane contact. an action he couldnt explain. jungkook rushed off, toward the hallway.

he slammed the door shut, his brain twisted like a pretzel. why did he have to do that? didnt he know taehyung would want a boy his age? someone confident, someone smart, someone popular? someone wealthy, someone happy?

he brushed his eyes as he sat down on the floor. why couldnt he be perfect, why couldnt he be brave?

that was a question everyone asked to themselves, but jungkook didnt know that.

"i am, worthy though, right?"

the empty room didnt respond. jungkook struck out his legs and let out a hefty breath.

"you wait, little boy, on an empty stage."

" for fate to turn the light on."

"your life, little boy, is an empty page"

"that m-men will want to write on..."

_______

everyday for the next two weeks, jungkook shut himself in the band room at free periods. he usually only came once every three or four days, but this was a different story. sometimes he needed more visits to soothe the larger pain.

" you are sixteen, going on seventeen. baby, its time to think."

"better beware, be canny, and careful; baby you're on the brink..."

"you are sixteen going on seventeen, fellows will fall in line..."

"eager young lads and rogues and cads, will offer you food and wine,"

jungkook really just couldnt stop singing. couldnt stop dreaming and thinking. 

"you need someone older and wiser, telling you what to do..."

"i am seventeen going on eighteen, i'll take care of you..."

_______

a month had passed. jungkook didnt even realized he had shut everyone out. his homework, his classes, food, his friends. and what hurt him worse than the bubbling hunger, or the rages from pages of reports and notices, or the texts in bright horrid hell, was the fact that taehyung hadnt even bothered to come talk to him, worry about him, message him. it was strangely stomach turning.

but still jungkook sang, jungkook sang in the band room, as an attempt to drown his worries.

"totally unprepared are you,"

"to face a world of men..."

"timid and shy and scared are you,"

"of things beyond your ken..."

just as jungkook was about to murmur the next note, he heard a clang from his right. the cymbals, which usually hung on a rack, had fallen off. it rang like a scream in a parking garage. he was just about to pick it up when he noticed a pair of eyes behind the music stands and storage boxes. 

he yelped. "who is it?"

the head bobbled for a second and swiped down, afraid. the eyes were warm orbes, behind a pair of shiny glasses.

"what the?"

the figure finally raised his head, revealing tufts of brown hair and a pretty face. a pretty face of someone jungkook knew.

"taehyung?"

the boy looked at him apologetically and sat up taller. he had evidently been hidng behind the amount of stuff piled up. "i-im s-sorry..! i-i just like to hear y-you s-sing."

" you...what?"

taehyung nodded, standing up and walking to jungkook. his eyes were weary, his sweater dusty. he sat next to the latter on the floor and sighed. "i...im r-really sorry, j-jungkookie."

"no,no..what?" jungkook couldnt speak. " how long have you been listening?"

"s-since last october."

taehyungs face was so mesmerizing, even when ashamed. "really?"

"mhm. i-i like hearing your voice..." taehyung coughed. "who was that song for?"

"hm? oh it wasnt written by me, its from a movie. i mean, i sang it for someone obviously but-"

it must have taken all of his willpower to kiss jungkook, but taehyung did, a soft little peck filled with so much affection jungkook stopped talking. taehyung, sweaty and teary, pulled away not even a second later, his face pink. 

"i-"

jungkook pulled his face down again, and kissed the boy longer and harder by each moment.

~

you are sixteen, going on seventeen, from the sound of music :)

and i think i saw a prompt like this for taekook on twitter, so obviously credits and ill try to find it but i dont know if i can :D

not my original idea, but not inspired either. i rushed this really badly and its not really in my writing style so it might seem a bit different from the others.

i realize all these oneshots end with kissing?? 

EDIT: I LEFT FOR 30 MINUTES AND SUDDENLY WE ARE 100+ VIEWS??

thank you so so much for the support <3

---

hi its future saint from november

i reread this and like

i kinda hate it

so cliche???

urk