Chapter 30 - Ineezmy

Start from the beginning

"Sounds awful, they're really bleeding them dry. What do you think we should do?" Paimon asked as Zaicim glanced at your hairball, and was immediately distracted by something else and watched that instead.  "That vendor seemed a bit fishy..." Aether answered as the NPC dude sighed. You noticed that Zaicim was distracted by the sight of a familiar looking green haired masked ninja looking woman scolding a fat dude in orange with a pointy black hat. She continued to yell at him as the man looked like he was about to shit himself. "I wanna eavesdrop on them." You and Zaicim both said at the same time. You both looked at each other and then blinked, and Zaicim started chuckling softly after.

You both left Aether to be Aether to eavesdrop on Shinobu and Akira. Zaicim leaned against a tree, it's trunk being big enough to hide his entire figure. You climbed up into the branches to get a better look at the scene. "It seems like last night's beating wasn't enough for you to understand my message! Oh don't worry, I'm sure this time will be A LOT MORE MEMORABLE." Shinobu said through gritted teeth.  "Ack! I'm sorry Shinobu! I promise, I'll only take their candy instead of their toys next ti- EEEP!" Akira jumped out of the way of an angry Shinobu's slipper. "Oh my god this is fucking priceless. This reminds me way too much of my own mom." You said while while quietly snickering. You and Zaicim, who had peeked from behind the tree to look at them, watched with amusement as Shinobu chased Akira in circles with her slipper.

Unexpectedly, Akira climbed up the tree up with you to escape Shinobu. "This some real tom and jerry shit, huh?" You said as you looked up at him. He hugged onto the highest branch for dear life as Shinobu glared up at him. The man let out the highest pitched scream you have ever heard in your entire life when he saw Shinobu climb up. As funny as it was, his screams was deafening and you held down your ears with your paws. You noticed Zaicim was also doing the same with an annoyed face while the NNB just smiled up at Akira. You had a feeling they too were mad.

~~~~~

Scaramouche glared at the sandy shore of the beach. It was sunset, and the f/c scarf on his neck waved around in the wind, the dimming rays of the sun shining onto the golden pieces attached to the end of the scarf. He let out a sigh as he turned around and walked away. He knows this place all too well, and he hates it. His feet moved faster as he made his way to his destination. He caught sight of an all too familiar clearing in the crevices of the mountain. His throat tightened as he recalled a memory, and the brisk walking instantly turned into a jog as he tried to get as far as he could. He didn't need to remember how you looked like. It's the entire reason why he threw that damned omamori into the sea when you threw him away, when you discarded him.

He pushed everything about you into the back of his mind. If he could focus on work, he could just ignore you. Ignore the fact that he wishes you had never woken up, ignored how much he wants to get rid of the scarf, ignore how much he wants to set this place ablaze so he could forget you. If he doesn't acknowledge it, he can believe it's not there. But both he and you know damn well that's not how it works. Deep down, he doesn't understand why he wants to forget you when he wants to kill you and make you suffer so badly, or why the old him locked deep down beneath thick and cold layers of ice and stone cries out at the thought of your death.

You made things difficult even before you decided to leave. You were confusing, made him confused about you, everything, and even himself. You made him question how you make what you do happen. You make him feel confusing things, especially now with all his conflicting emotions. Maybe you found amusement in his suffering, you always did the same with others. Shame how he thought he was any different when you would calmly sit on his hat and just... be a calm and normal "cat"

Fuck, now he's just thinking about you even more. It's like that song you wouldn't stops singing, where the entire theme of it was not to talk about someone, yet here the song was talking about this Bruno guy you really liked. He also hated how you made him hate Bruno when you said you like him. An annoying pest, truly.

~~~~~~~~~~
My luck is so confusing. I GOT BROKE TRYING TO GET A 4 STAR. A 4 STAR. I EVEN GOT THE 5 STAR BEFORE THE 4 STAR. Dori is tryna steal all my primogems!

 Dori is tryna steal all my primogems!

*intense sobbing*

xingqiu has a grudge against me istg