Chapter 18 - *Chuckles* I'm In Danger!

'Thoughts'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

You were being carried by Aether all the way back to mondstadt again. Better than going to the vet tho. This time, you were supposed to be checked on by Albedo. Aether was about to make his way to the broken bridge but saw a hooded figure standing in the middle of the path. "Sister Rosaria! Choir practice is about to-" You both turned your head in the direction of Barbara's voice from behind some bushes. "I've told you already, I don't go in for that kind of thing. I have more important matters to deal with." Rosaria said while side eyeing Barbara. "But... This event has commemorative significance. The church hopes that all sisters will be present." Barbara explained. You ignored this conversation just as you have with many others.

You began grooming yourself when you felt eyes watching you. You looked back up to see that Rosaria and Barbara were still talking but the feeling of being watched had already disappeared. You went back to grooming and ignored Rosaria. You felt Aether pick you up and begin heading towards dragonspine. There it was again, the feeling of being watched. You looked up but saw nothing and felt the feeling disappear. 'Who the fuc-' Aether put you down and rushed forward. You looked up and saw him fighting some hilichurls while Albedo just sat there and watched. He continued to observe Aether's fighting style while Rosaria also just sat there. You noticed Albedo looking at you and the two of you made eye contact as Aether finished fighting the hilichurls.

Aether and Rosaria walked up to Albedo while you silently trailed after them. Albedo looked away from you to look at Aether. "...Who are you? Why did you alarm them? Thank the gods I'd already completed my sketch. It would've been a shame to leave these particular hilichurls unfinished." He asked right after his gaze lingered on you for a second. "You were sketching hilichurls?" Aether asked. "What's up with sketching hilichurls? What makes them so interesting?" Paimon asked as she popped up beside Aether. "They're easier to draw, thats what." You said while sitting down. "Hmm, I'm afraid the answer isn't easy to explain. If you'd like to have a look at my sketch it can give you a clue." Albedo said while gesturing to the sketch.

Aether walked up to the sketch and looked at it. "Very... avant-garde." He said while looking at the sketch. "Wow, look at the detail! But some of it seems to have been done in a hurry." Paimon said while you walked closer to Aether. "You can find these hilichurls anywhere, quite boring in fact. Not worth closer inspection. But take a look at this specimen. The build, the coat, and there's a distinct force at work here." He began to rant about hilichurls but Rosaria interrupted him. "Hold your horses, something tells me we're in for a thesis and I don't have the stamina." She said while crossing her arms. "We found your man, I'm headed back." She said while turning around to walk away. You watched as her figure began to get smaller and smaller. You noticed another figure up in a much higher and elevated ledge behind the trees. You looked up at it and they only seemed to stare back at you. Only when Paimon looked up at where you were staring at did it run away. "Who the fuck was that." Aether and Paimon looked to you when you meowed, and you saw a shit eating grin make it's way onto Albedo's face. "What the fuck??"

"So sister Rosaria brought you? Surprising. And I didn't get the chance to thank her. But back to the point, it seems you were looking for me, right?" Albedo said. "Mm-hm! We heard from Amber that you were a highly skilled alchemist that could check up on Fluffy or us." Paimon said while nodding. Albedo chuckled. "Fluffy? Is that what you decided to name y- them?" He said. You tilted your head as you heard him stutter on the last part. What was about to say? "Hey! Are you mocking the name Paimon thoughtfully made for Fluffy?" Paimon angrily asked. "If anything, it seems as if they were the one you were mocking with that name." Albedo said while you heard snow crunching. "Fluffy! Prove this guy wrong and show em how much you love the name Paimon gave you!" Paimon said while pointing at Albedo. Aether shook his head while you innocently stood there.