Chapter 8 - Leash

'Thoughts'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

You found your way back to Aether and was instantly scolded by Paimon when you got back. Since when did she become a mom? With all the worried nagging she did you were beginning to jokingly think if your mom got isekai'd with you ad Paimon. "Aether, you really need to keep a proper eye on them! Paimon is getting tired of seeing them disappear every ten minutes!" Paimon complained to Aether as she angrily stomped her foot in the air. "Don't worry about it Paimon. I'm sure that they can somewhat handle themselves. Besides, weren't  you the one who said not to worry about them on this journey?" Aether asked as he looked at the floating child. "Well- Yeah- But Paimon was more annoyed about having to look for them than worry about their wellbeing!" She said as she crossed her arms and pouted. "If you are really that annoyed then why can just buy them a leash and harness when we get to the harbour." Aether said as he looked down at you. You looked back up at him in return. "Don't even try." Aether seemed to look at you somewhat unnerved by your response but brushed it off as you continued your journey to liyue Katheryne.

On the way there, Aether and Paimon noticed the destroyed treasure hoarder camp littered with hilichurl corpses and they both looked at it before looking at each other worriedly. "Paimon thinks we should hurry..." Aether began brisk walking past the camp as you followed him, but not without looking for any signs of food. Strangely enough, you weren't hungry despite the last time you ate being at the church in mondstadt. The first time you ever actually felt hungry was while you were still in dadaupa gorge after leaving dragonspine. You had no idea why but you didn't feel any form of hunger after that. Maybe you having a human mind wasn't the only thing special about you as a cat. You could try to investigate that more later in the harbour. Since you saw the note with your name on it at a fatui base then maybe you would find more clues at northland bank.

As you passed wangshu inn, the moon and stars were beginning to rise and come out as the sun set. Also, can you take a moment to admire how fucking beautiful the liyue sunset looked? Like holy shit. "I think we should keep moving for a while before setting up camp." Aether said as he noticed the sun set. "I'm pretty sure that building over there is wangshu inn and we could stay there for the night as long as we can pay." Paimon said as she pointed at the inn on top of the tree. Aether nodded and began making his way towards the inn as Paimon followed after. You, on the other hand, was busy playing with a geo crystalfly you found and began instantly running for them the moment you realised how far they were.

~~~~~

By the time Aether had got to the in and payed for a room the moon was fully out and the sun gone. Paimon was rambling on about the food that can be found in liyue to Aether while he just nodded along. As they chatted in the background, you looked around the room. It was a very liyue styled room made of wood and bambo. When you walked in to the room, the first thing you noticed was the large glass door that led to a small balcony outside to the opposite of the door. On the left wall there was a bed, dresser, and some cabinets. On the right wall was what you guessed was the door to the bathroom and a table with two chairs. There was also a large rug on the floor that lad detailed embroidery in it while.

Aether went to the bathroom to take a shower and clean himself from the dirt his body and clothes gathered from adventuring around. Paimon didn't need one since she was clean and was devouring some chicken mushroom skewers at the table, stick and everything. You could hear the faucet from the bathroom begin to run, but the voice of a certain ginger caught your ears as he conversed with someone from outside while passing by your room. He was simply humming some random ass tune you didn't know, but you knew that singing voice by heart from the amount of childe's va singing videos your best friend, only best friend, and only friend sent you. Aether suddenly came out of the bathroom still dirty with dirt, when he came up to you and picked you up. He brought you to the bathroom and you realised what he was doing when he got closer to the sink that was filled with water.