Chapter 4 - Escape Again

'Thought'
"Speak"

Idk wtf im doing with this fic. Also i used proper curse words in this one.

~~~~~~~~~~

"What did I just witness?..." Diluc said in shock. "This is confidential information. Why did you let me know?" Venti proceeded to put away his lyre. "Why? Hmmm... Perhaps the wind are changing." He answered vaguely. "What say you, Master Diluc?" Diluc proceeded put a finger on his chin in thought. "Interesting... Give me some time. I'll organize some contacts." He put his hands down and looked at Aether. "Outlander, as one of the knights it seems you're not a suspect. Blonde is the only description on the wanted poster. You should be safe." He then looked over to Venti. "As for the bard however, it'd be best if you stayed in the tavern." Venti gave a close eyed smile. "Haha, no problem! I like taverns- achoo!"

He started sneezing just after he finished as you came down from the stairs and jumped onto the counter. Diluc eyed you with suspicion. "Why is there a stray cat inside my tavern?" He asked looking at Venti and Aether. "Oh! That's the cat that got stuck on Aethers cape. It's claws got stuck on it while we were stealing the holy lyre and we didn't notice until we came in here." Paimon explained. "You didn't notice a cat stuck on your cape all the way from the church until Angle's Share?" Diluc said while deadpanning at Aether.

"Well, you didn't seem to notice it either." Aether defended himself as another set of sneezes came from Venti. "You don't have any more business here right? Go ahead and uh, -achoo! give the the cat to the cat's tail or something." Venti said while hiding behind a chair from you. You decided to be a lil shit and walk closer to Venti, who then proceeded to run away from you in a fit of sneezes.

Aether sighed and shook his at Venti while he walked closer to you. He picked you up. While in his arms, you started doing the thing where cats turn into loafs. Aether looked over to Diluc. "We can meet up tonight when the tavern closes." Diluc said as he went behind the counter to start making wine for the other customers in the tavern. Aether exited through the door as paimon shortly followed after.

When they were outside the tavern, Paimon proceeded to speak her thoughts about what to do with you. "Well, Venti said to give it to the cat's tail but since we saw it at the church, maybe we should ask around there first." You let out an annoyed meow at constantly being called "it". The meow was barely audible but Aether heard you and eyed you warrily, slightly worried about getting scrathed by you. He then looked back at Paimon and nodded, proceeding to walk past all the guards that were searching for him as they didn't even bat an eye at him.

~~~~~

Right before entering the church he noticed someone looking around in the bushes for something. Paimon seemed to notice it too as she looked at the girl searching around frantically. "Umm... is she okay?" She didn't even let Aether tell her what he thought before she floated towards the girl, Aether following after her with a slightly annoyed face.

"Hey there! Are you okay? You seem to be a bit panicked and we couldn't help but notice you." Paimon asked as she hovered over the girl inspecting the bushes she was looking through. "Oh, sorry to have worried you. I was just looking for a cat that I was taking care of for a while." Aether seemed to perk up at this but was distracted as you jumped out of his arms.

You gently booped the girl that you very much knew was Barbara, and was definitely looking for you. She turned around to see what touched her, but her worried face quickly melted into one of relief after seeing it was you. "There you are! I was looking for you everywhere! I thought someone had took you for whatever reason since the door was open." She looked up at Aether and Paimon to thank them "Thank you for looking after them. I don't know how they opened the door but at least they're not in trouble."