Chapter 1 - This is very cold.

'Thoughts.'
"Speak."
~~~~~~~~~~

You felt yourself sink deeper, the already cold water getting even colder. Water came up your nose and the taste of chlorine was present in your moth. It stung, the feeling of water filling up your lungs. It hurt. Even with how well lit the pool room was, the deeper you went, the darker it got. The more your squirmed to get up, the heavier your body felt.

You began to see black spots in your vision. One, two, three, four, and then more. They filled your vision as the background became blurry and dark. As water filled up your goggles you closed your eyes. Within your whole life, you only had one regret....

You should have completed your spiral abyss yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~

You could barely feel you limbs, the water around you was cold and you felt numb. As soft at the tiled floor felt it was just even colde-

'Wait a damn minute'

Why was the floor soft? Weren't you in a pool? In fact, the water felt like really cold air! Not water! Your forced yourself to pry your heavy eyes open and look at wtf was happening.

Slowly opening your eyes the light of the sun filled your vision, but something was different, your body was different. Vision sharper, your hearing sensitive, you nose taking in all sorts of scents all at once. You could sense all of these minor details so easily and it was somewhat overwhelming, the fact that you could smell the wet snow, hear the leaves rustle from the wind, see the small details of the snowflakes falling. It took you a minute for your senses to calm down and you realised there was snow everywhere. Snow covered the barren rocky terrain that you found yourself in, the only signs of life being small clusters of pine trees found here and there and a few small plants like blue flowers. You turned your head around to get a better look of wherever you are, but the same snowy landscape was all there was to be seen.

Your body felt weird. Not only was it cold but something just felt off. You didn't see any signs of human life anywhere, maybe you could try calling out to someone?

"Hel-" the moment opened your mouth to speak, instead of human English coming out there was a small meow. You shot up in distress at the sudden sound, last time you checked you were a human, not a cat! And the moment you got up your legs immediately began to wobble, ending up with you loosing balance and face planting into the snow.

You let out an muffled angry meow at the situation you were in, you weren't actually a cat right?! This time, you slowly sat up into a human sitting position. Looking down you instantly saw legs and paws coated in h/c fur. Yup, you were a cat. It slowly began to sink in that you were a cat. A cat. Not human. Probably won't ever be human again. Throwing up your arms in the air with an angry meow, you fell onto your back and just stayed there.

You just sat there for a while, too salty about being reincarnated as a cat when you drowned instead of human to do anything else. Yeah you should probably do something else but eh, lazy. Must be a cat thing.

Maybe you should get up, yeah you should probably do something. You rolled over onto your feet and though about your next move. First thing to do should be learn how to use your body with ease so you won't be constantly stumbling over your own feet. Cats were v e r y athletic so it could come in handy to have that.

Slowly standing up you tried starting with carefully putting one paw in front of the other, resulting in a very slow walk through the thick snow. This will have to do for now, and you could slowly increase your speed as you get better at this. It took half an hour to get to the nearest tree. With how slow you were going and how much more you had to teach yourself, you were already losing hope. Ah well time time learn how to walk :D