Chapter 30 - Ineezmy

Start from the beginning

"Now then, let me introduce everyone. This is Thoma, a trade partner I've gotten to know recently." She said. "Haha, you don't know how long I've been waiting to see you." He said as he looked at you as if measuring what size you were so he could knit a sweater for you. Oh god here comes the animal lover. But you didn't mind the sweaters if they came from this bean. "Thoma, these four are-" Beidou was quickly interrupted by an excited Thoma. "No need to intrpduce them, their reputation preceeds them. Seems even the stormy seas can't keep rumors of these outlander's sterling deeds at bay." Thoma said with a close eyed smile. "You don't know who the one on your foot and the alchemist looking guy is, don't cha?" Beidou asked.

"Ah, sorry, I didn't realize that. Though I'm sure I know who the alchemist is. You're y/n, correct?" Thoma asked while Zaicim deadpanned. "Thoma, I love you, but why." You said as Beidou errupted into a burst of laughter. "Hahahaha! I should've expected this. The one on your foot, is y/n. This young man over here, is Zaicim. He's tagging along with the traveler for a bit." Beidou said as she pointed at you with her pointer finger, then at Zaicim with her thumb as she introduced you. "Also, I'm not an alchemist. I'm an arsonist." Zaicim said as he crossed his hands. "That's uh... good for you." Thoma said as he awkwardly smiled at Zaicim and stood up.

"Anyways, Thoma's resided on ritou for quite a while now. It wouldn't be too far to say he's the fixer around these parts. If you run into any problems here, just talk to Thoma. But if he tries to pull any moves on you, I'll be sure to deal with him personally the next time I'm around" Beidou explained. "Ahahaha! Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get akong just fine." Thoma said. "Good. Then, if it's all settled, I'll be going. I do have a wanted fugitive onboard, after all." Beidou said. "A what now?" Zaicim asked. "Uh, we'll explain that later." Paimon said.

"Until next time. Remember to give it your all, no matter what perilous storms you may encounter." Beidou said. "We'reblooking forward to seeing you again." Aether said. "Fair seas, captain Beidou. Bye bye!" Paimon said as she waved. "Don't die. It would be really unforunate if you did." Zaicim said. "Ahaha! Don't worry, it'll take a lot to kill me." Beidou said while pointing at herself with her thumb. She then turned around to board the Aclor once more.

"Now then, first things first, we need to get you registered at the border checkpoint." Thoma explained as he picked you up and removed you from his foot. "Umm, Paimon thought we were supposed to be keeping things on the down low. Are we just gonna walk into the government's hands?" Paimon asked. "Ahaha, don't underestimate the reaches of the sakoku decree. You wouldn't be able to avoid inspection, even if you tried. So we have to play by the rules, even if we're kind of bending them." Thoma explained.

You all made your way to the checkpoint, where there was a woman standing by a table with different files on them. "Hello, please state your name, identity, and the purpose of your visit. Oh, except you, Thoma. You must be... new here." The woman said. "Heh...?" Paimon said confused. "Excuse me? Please provide the information requested, and also declare any goods you are carrying with you." The woman said. "We're here to find my sister." Aether explained.

"Oh? Well, I'm sorry but we cannot approve entry for purely personal reasons. So, if you don't have any valid reasons for visiting in accordance with the rules then..." Woman said. "Uh... um... W-we-uh..." Paimon stuttered as she failed to think if an excuse. Zaicim leaned into Aether's ear to whisper something, and Aether's facial expression instantly turned into one of "oh no"

"No! Bad Zaicim! That'll get us into even more trouble!" Aether whisper shouted. "My apologies, but I'll have to ask you to-" Woman was interrupted by Thoma. "Here are their entey papers. For your kind perusal." Thoma said as he handed out some papers to the woman. "What?! Ugh, take your time! No rush or anything!" Paimom said to Thoma angrily. "Ahaha, I just wanted to see what you would say. Sorry about that." Thoma explained. "...I see. Okay, your papers are all in order. Welcome to ritou." Woman said.