❤︎︎ 𝙼𝚎𝚕𝚝 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 ❤︎︎

The cold breeze kissed against the few trees leaves that were left, gently blowing them off of the trees branches and to the floor. My eyes narrowed as I snuggled into my scarf that was covering half of my face. A small shiver ran up my spine, making me shake my head and sniffle.

"[Yn]!" Voice drifting through the wind, my head turned slightly and I meet face to face with Tooru. My scarf drops slightly and I smile up at him "good morning, Tooru" he smiles back as I say his name and blushes lightly. Coming to the side of me, he lifts my hand up and intertwines it with his own before letting them drop down to our sides again.

Though the breeze was chilling, the feeling of his hand in mine had radiated enough heat to make the rest of my body feel warm. My heart and cheeks had been the most warm out of everywhere else. With a skip in my step, the winter atmosphere was so beautiful to take in, all the scenery was just so breathtaking.

"It's just so pretty, isn't it?" I let my thoughts escape my lips as my eyes sparkled with excitement, oh how I loved winter so much! I could feel Tooru's gaze resting upon me, he then spoke up "yeah, it is" I could just tell that he was smiling from the warmth of his voice. I couldn't wait for it to snow, it'll be even prettier when it does.

—————————

"Heard they're dating, isn't that cute?"

"Awwe, they have been inseparable for years!"

I paid no mind to the girls who were gossiping in the hall, I had already known they were talking about Tooru and I. Tooru however crossed his arms and smiled to himself "I agree with them, sounds like a cute couple" he then winked towards me with a teasing expression before chuckling lightly.

I chuckled too and elbowed him playfully in the arm "ah yes, sounds like they're still inseparable even after all those years" I then closed my eyes and continued to walk down the hall. Though, somehow it seemed like there was some hidden tension in the air, I couldn't tell what it was but something just felt off. Paying no mind to it, I ignored it and smiled.

But then I couldn't ignore it because the tension had only thickened and was now distracting me away from everything else. I turned my head to look behind me, in the distance was two figures. My eyes widened slightly and I quickly looked away again, no wonder why there was so much tension, how could there not be? Both Sakura and Iura were watching Tooru and I with sad expressions, listening to the girls gossip.

My suspicions were right after all, Sakura had really liked Tooru and Iura had really liked me. I had known how painful it was to be the second choice because I had been the second choice once before also. Though I was really happy being with Tooru, I had now felt ever so guilty, because I was the reason for someone else's suffering. Just for a few seconds, I had felt like the worst person in the world.

And then, it wasn't just for a few seconds anymore.

—————————

With a narrowed squint, my figure stood out of place in the hallway as I had positioned myself at one of its many windows. I observed over the scenery below from the view, my lips parting slightly. One of the many people that was on the ground floor that I could see was Tooru, I couldn't read his lips of what he was saying but his expression was warm and light.

"Hey, isn't that Ishikawa's girlfriend?"

"Yeah, I heard she was a loner at her old school!"

"Really? How'd he end up dating a girl like that"

My eyes closed gently, my lashes brushing against my skin as they did so. Those small reminds of what once was is the things that scare us the most, aren't they? That's why we try to hide anything that can even lead to them being exposed in the tiniest of ways. Of course, no matter how much you try to cover up your past trails, a mark will forever be implanted into that trail.