❤︎︎ 𝙾𝚕𝚍 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 ❤︎︎

2001, November 7th.

"You're just useless, aren't you?" Snickers of an overconfident girl filled the classroom, her eyes glaring me down as she tried to threaten me. "[Yn], [Yn], [Yn]. When will you ever see that you will never fit in, no matter how much you try to play pretend, you'll always be a weirdo" her mocking words fell off her tongue like poison, sinking into my skin and burning into me.

Hearing her say my name, made me hate it. I hated to hear my name come out of that nasty mouth of hers. I hated to hear anyone call me that name, because it'll only ever remind me of her cruel words. "Well? Aren't you going to say anything you dumbo!?" She took a step towards me, grinding her teeth harshly, making me shiver with discomfort from just the look of it.

I hadn't taken it into thought but I was more scared on the words she was saying, they didn't make much sense to me, an eight year old child. She was the same age yet she seemed so much more mature, how could that be? Did I really just not fit in with the other kids to the point where the words they say don't make sense? It doesn't ever make sense.

—————————

2004, February 12th.

"Partners, choose your partners for your art assessment!" Eyes scanning over the room, the teacher looked over everyone of us. I stood from my seat in a second, eager to go and ask someone to be my partner before everyone else had already paired up. "Hey, Hani!" I waved my hands over to the only girl who didn't speak in class, she was my best chance at a partner.

Shaking her head, she ran off to one of the boys, pairing up with him. My face fell into sorrow, not only was I rejected, I was rejected for a boy. "Oh my, [Ln]? Are you without a partner?" Frowning with her fingers resting on her chin, the teacher held a look of sympathy for me. Causing me to deadpan.

"Well.." before I could continue, a figure stood in front of me, taking up my view. "Actually, I'm [Ln]'s partner" smiling, Ishikawa looked down at me with a small thumbs up. I nodded back to the teacher with a smile "yeah, Ishikawa and I are going to work together!" She smiled at the sound of that before writing our names down together.

My cheeks heated up slightly at the thought of how Ishikawa could have chose anyone in this room, but he chose me.. the outcast of the class. "Hey, Ishikawa paired up with [Ln], I didn't think she was one of the popular kids" soon, the whispers started spreading along the room like wild fire. "Hey [Ln]! Be my partner for next time okay?" One of the boys waved at me with a smile.

My eyes lit up in surprise as the sun shone over me, the sun was warm but the feeling inside my chest felt warmer. People, were starting to like me.. they were starting to think that I fit in. "Okay, I will!" Clenching my fists in delight, I nodded with a big smile as Ishikawa smiled from the side, happy to see me talking to others for once.

Although it was only because of Ishikawa talking to me, I was happy to have others think of me as one of them.. even if it only lasts until Ishikawa and I seperate, I'll forever remember this feeling, I'll forever remember Ishikawa.

—————————

"Come on, come on! Get out of the wayyy! I need to see what class I'm in!" Shouting and jumping around, I tried to see over everyone's big heads to find my name in the class lists. Getting impatient, I pushed them all to the side with my hands, twisting my body to the side so I could make my way to the front to where the others were sort of standing.

Hori gasped "I found my name! Looks like I'm going to be in class one with you two, Yuki, [Yn]" Hori turned to face us with a smile. "Awesome!" We all cheered at the same time while giving each other a high five. Though I did have to admit, I cringed slightly when I heard her same my name, I knew that I allowed her to say it but it still sounds so.. bitter to listen to.