Chp-77

Trying listening to this song while reading.

Author Pov

Hazel stared at the file in her hand for the longest time before raising her eyes to the empty chair in front of her. After Cyrus gave her this file he got an important call and went out to answer it while she sat there and started reading the file.

There was nothing much to read it was like he tried to make this divorce as easier as he could for her. But the thought of him freeing her shook her. She couldn't believe it. Is he the same man who vowed to keep her caged with him till his last breath?

What's wrong with him? Why is he letting her be free all of a sudden? She still remembers the day he told her about his evil intentions and that he will marry her after the end of their contract marriage. Then why did he instead of announcing the marriage gave her this?

She looked up hearing him closing the door as he stepped inside the office once again. He looked at her and then at the file in her hand. Gulping down he walked near her standing over her sitting figure.

"You don't have to worry about anything. There is no procedure for divorce. You just have to sign the papers and we will automatically be divorced as the contract we signed before was enough. And about your mother. She will be discharged tomorrow and I will send her to the house I gave you." Her eyes snapped to him. She stood up from the chair staring at him.

"House?" He nodded.

"Your alimony." She pulled the file up and opened the last page which was left for her to read. Opening it she started reading the lines and there it was written.

Her alimony. A house and he even gave her a good amount of money. She looked at him and shook her head. She was about to deny this heavy alimony but Cyrus spoke before she could.

"You can't deny this alimony, Hazel. You have already agreed to it when you signed the contract of marriage. It was written in that contract." She sighed as she realized when she signed that contract she didn't read it as all she cared about at that time was her mother.

Casting her eyes down she felt embarrassed. She didn't want to feel like a money-hungry person but she was sure Cyrus must have thought about her in that way after all she signed those papers with her consent.

Cyrus noticed her looking down and he understood her inner turmoil. Smiling softly he grabbed her chin gently pulling her face up and making her look in his eyes. He shook his head.

"I can never think about you in that way sweetheart. You're not that kind of person and I can never think about you in that way." He said slowly sliding his hand to her cheek making her gulp down.

Caressing her cheek he continued further. "And it will be good if you will stay away from your greedy grandmother and her daughter. They both aren't to be trusted." Hazel shook her head right away.

"No aunt is a good woman." He chuckled nodding his head.

"As you say. Tomorrow I will personally drop you at your mother's. You can rest here for this night." He said finally stepping away from her. He was about to walk to his chair when her words paused him.

"Why suddenly?" He stilled but didn't look back at her making her continue speaking.

"Why suddenly you're letting me go? What's changed, Cyrus? Because I still remember the day you said you will marry me either with my consent or without it." He closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them again and turning to her.