Chp-65

Author Pov

Standing in front of the covered window he kept on glaring at the rapid rain falling over the glass. He gritted his teeth remembering the pain he felt when she mercilessly crushed his hope. His heart kept on slamming against his chest in resentment, anger, and sadness.

He had no idea what to do to get rid of the uneasiness he was feeling inside him. He wanted to break everything around him, he wanted to hurt her, and he wanted to set the whole world on fire to get rid of his burning pain. But he couldn't get himself to do so anymore.

Once the man who used to destroy, kill and burn the reason of his anger to ashes now the same man couldn't get himself to even go near her. He wanted to hurt her but at the same time, he couldn't. Every fiber of his body was holding him back from even thinking of going near her with the thought of hurting her.

Clutching his phone in his hand his glare turned sharper when he remembered all the words he heard in the recorder. But can he blame her for saying everything he didn't want her to say? No, he can't! And how can he even blame her when he's the one who's responsible for every answer she gave to Aaron?

Do you love him?

No.

Do you consider him your husband?

No.

And the last but the most heart-slashing confession of hers.

Do you want to stay with him?

No.

Even after all his tries to show her that he has changed. Even after all of his confessions on her birthday did nothing to her. All of that meant nothing to her. Was he that bad to not deserve one chance? Just one fucking chance.

Closing his eyes he heard someone entering the room and Creed bowed at him even though he wasn't facing him. "Everything went according to our plan. We got all the evidence and in two hours he will be arrested and I can guarantee you, boss, he will be sentenced to death."

Creed completed his words staring at Cyrus's back who didn't reply to him. Creed's cold eyes slowly soften a little while staring at his boss. The man was scary but he looked scarier when he was fighting a battle with himself. His tensed shoulders and fisted hands were an obvious indication that he was trying to control himself.

And that's what makes Creed pity him. He had never seen Cyrus trying for anything before but for the first time, he was seeing his boss making efforts. He was making efforts to control his anger, not to make haste decisions, and especially not to do anything that could hurt her. His wife.

If it was the same Cyrus he knew 4 months ago then he would be making torturous plans for Hazel for disobeying him and trying to leave him. If it was the same merciless monster he was familiar with then Hazel would be six feet under the surface right now. But this man. He seems different.

"Also." He paused licking his lips.

"Ella has escaped." This made Cyrus open his eyes. A small dark chuckle left his lips as he shook his head in disappointment.

"As expected. You didn't catch her right." Creed nodded.

"Yes boss, as per your orders we let her run to Aaron Parker." Cyrus hummed before dismissing Creed who went straightly to his house after all he wanted nothing but to reach his wife who was dead scared for Hazel.

Cyrus's plan was unpredictable yet complicating. He had his spy in Aaron's gang who was informing him of Aaron's every plan that was directed to Cyrus. Cyrus never gave a damn about what Aaron does or what is his business until Aaron knows well to not poke his nose in his business.