Chapter 9

Harry's POV

I look at Louis nervously and he sends me a reassuring smile. I slowly walk into the Coach's office.

"Take a seat," he instructs. I sit down awkwardly. "You aren't in trouble you know," Coach Tyler says. I look at him blankly. "I just wanted to tell you something," he says. "The team and I have decided-"

"Are you kicking me off?" I ask. I hear a giggle, but I must be imagining it so I ignore it.

"No quite the opposite actually. The team and I have decided that you and Louis will be co-captains!" I gasp.

"Really?" I ask astonished.

"I told you you had nothing to worry about Hazza," I hear Louis say from behind me. Wait. Louis? When did he get here? I turn around to see the whole team crowded into the office.

"You planned this didn't you." I say to Louis. He grins and I run up to hug him and thank him. Huh. I've been doing that a lot lately.

"We have to go back to PE," Louis tells me. We begin to walk back to the field where the rest of the class is.

"Harry!" Mr. Harvey greets me.

"Hi," I say timidly.

"We're playing football today!" he tells me excitedly.

"Great!" I say with a genuine smile.

"Could you and Louis demonstrate to the class?" he asks me.

I look to Louis for approval before replying, "Sure, we'd love to!" I'm not nervous anymore, not because I'm co-captain but because I know Louis won't judge me if I mess up, so I confidently walk into the goal. Mr. Harvey talks to the class about the rules of football and Louis and I imitate him when he isn't looking. Louis bursts out laughing and Mr. Harvey turns around and raises his eyebrow at us. I blush and Louis smirks at me.

When he finally finishes telling the class what to do, Mr. Harvey asks Louis to demonstrate how to shoot the ball. He has to demonstrate multiple times and somehow, I manage to block most of his shots. The class knows Louis has never had his shots blocked and they gasp as they watch me. Mr. Harvey then asks me to tell the class how I block Louis' shots.

"I just watch the ball and block it?" I say nervously scratching the back of my neck. Louis giggles and I stick my tongue out at him. Mr. Harvey probably says something, but I'm too focused watching Louis' adorable, determined face as he continues to try to get the ball into the net.

"Since you guys are co-captains of the team, you will be the two captains for today," Mr. Harvey tells Louis and I.

"But we want to be on the same team," we whine in unison.

"The teams wouldn't be fair if you guys were on the same team," he tries to explain to us.

"Then we won't play at all," Louis says stubbornly.

"Seriously?" Mr. Harvey asks irritated.

"Yep," I say popping the "P".

"Fine," he says giving in. "But I will decide the teams."

"Okay," we agree with a shrug.

Of course, Mr. Harvey gives Louis and I an awful team because he wants to make the teams as fair as possible. As conceited as this sounds, Louis and I don't need a team to win. At least for PE. We easily win 7-0 and Mr. Harvey looks at the other team apologetically as Louis and I high-five each other. Because of my excitement, I manage to not get distracted by Louis' flawless body as we change back into our regular clothes in the locker room. Louis and I wait for the others after we finish changing before we all head to maths.

"Harry I heard you and Louis are co-captains now. Is that true?" Riley asks me with excitement laced into her voice.

"Yeah," I tell her with a smile. "The team voted on it at their last practice and Louis surprised me today."

"Aww that's adorable," Chelsea coos as Niall sends me a wink.

"Does that mean you're going to be the main goalie?" Liam asks. We all look at him like he has three heads.

"Li, if he's the co-captain he's one of the best players on the team," Niall explains to him. "Why wouldn't they use their best goalie as the main one?" Liam's mouth forms an "O" and he blushes as we all laugh.

We arrive to our maths classroom and we sit down. We sit at tables that hold two people per table so we sit in pairs: Louis and I, Niall and Liam, Zayn and Perrie, and Chelsea and Riley. 'My life is great,' I think to myself. I have an amazing group of friends, the best mate anyone could ask for, and I have a lot of people's respect. What more could anyone ask for? Oh wait, your crush liking you back. I sigh as this realization hits me.

"You okay Haz?" Louis asks me. I look at him and see that his gorgeous ocean blue eyes are filled with worry. Could he like me too? Nah, he's probably just worried because I'm his best mate not because he actually likes me like I like him. But what if he did?

"Hazzabear?" Louis asks waving a hand in front of my face.

"Oh sorry," I tell him. "I was just thinking."

"About?" he asks curiously.

"Nothing important," I tell him trying to get him to change the subject. There's no way I'm telling him that I like him as a crush.

"Okay," he says sadly. I look over at him to see his perfect face filled with hurt.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask guiltily knowing I am the reason for his sadness.

"I thought you trusted me," he tells me.

"It's just," I start, "I can't tell you." He looks at me with sad eyes and turns away from me. "Boo," I whine. He ignores me. "Cmon Loubear," I say again with a pout. He continues to ignore me. I stay silent for a while. The bell rings and he looks at me sadly before turning away.. I grab his arm as he starts to walk away and tell him quietly, "I do trust you. I don't trust anyone more than you. Even myself. But I'm not ready to tell you. Please understand." I silently beg him with my eyes to forgive me. Eventually he gives in and gives me a hug.

"Sorry I overreacted," he tells me.

"You didn't overreact Lou don't worry about it," I reassure him.

The others have gone ahead so Louis and I walk to history alone. We walk silently, but comfortably. Time flies in history and before I know it, I find myself in the locker room getting ready for my first footie practice.

A/N Sorry this took so long. I've been busy and I'm really upset about this whole Zayn thing. I don't know if I should continue writing him as the Zayn we knew and loved for five years or if I should write him as the Zayn who defended the greasy taco (who's been tormenting us for the past two months) instead of his brothers and us. What do you think? Please comment your suggestions!

The next chapter is probably going to be short and it's going to be Larry again. Sorry I didn't know his first practice would be so long.