Chapter 1

Louis' POV

"Loubear did you finish your maths homework?" Harry asks me. "SHIT WE HAD MATHS THIS WEEKEND?" I yell dramatically. He bursts into laughter. "I was kidding Boo." "Prick," I say rolling my eyes. He knows I'm not actually annoyed with him, but he still acts offended. He starts uncontrollably "crying" and hysterically screaming that his best mate hates him because of a little joke. We're soon laughing our arses off and the cars next to us are giving us strange looks. I really couldn't care less though because I'm just having a good time with my Harry. My Harry? Since when did I own him? I am troubled with this thought for the rest of the drive to school.

Harry and I get out of the car and start walking to our first period, English. We spot Naughty Boy and Perrie. Perrie seems like such a nice girl and I can't figure out why she would want to go out with someone like him. He seriously has nothing going for him. He isn't smart, he isn't athletic, he isn't good looking (quite the opposite actually), and he most definitely isn't nice. Oh well I guess whatever makes her happy. Speaking of what makes people happy, I think back to the car ride this morning. Does Harry really make me that happy? I try to picture my life without him. I realize that without Harry by my side, I would have a much less eventful life and I realize that he adds the color to my otherwise black and white life.

"Boo is everything okay?" Harry asks me snapping me out of my thoughts. Could I tell my best mate I may like him as more than a friend? Nope I can't because I'm a coward. "Yeah I'm fine don't worry about me Hazzabear," I reply with my best smile. "Okay I just wanted to make sure you were alright," he replies. Aww isn't he the sweetest. I feel my cheeks heat up and I really hope Harry can't tell. Wow I'm starting to sound like a 12 year old girl with a crush. I meant to say... Nope there's no way I can cover that up. Oh well. I guess I had been in very deep thought because we were already at Mrs. Darby's class (English).

We walk in and take a seat at the back of the classroom. I'm surprised Liam isn't here yet. He's always here long before us. "What are you thinking about?" Harry asks me. "Where's Li?" I respond. He furrows his eyes in thought. I know I should be worried about Liam but he looks so beautiful when he's concentrating. Did I really just say that? These feelings need to stop. He looks up at me and catches me staring. I feel myself blush and I look away. I slowly turn around to peek at him and I think I see one of his adorable dimpled smiles. I'm not sure if I just imagined that though. Harry finally answers my question, "I don't know. Maybe he's sick?" "But he always texts when he's sick," I reply feeling myself starting to get worried. Harry must sense my uneasiness because he reassures me, "Don't worry Lou I'm sure he's fine." I smile and thank him for comforting me. He smiles his cute dimpled smile back at me and pulls me into a side hug. I bury my face in his neck feeling all the tension leaving my body.

Chelsea, Riley, and Perrie walk into the classroom and greet us as they take the two tables next to us. Zayn follows closely behind and takes the only seat left, the seat next to Perrie. He says a rushed hello. We say hello back to them, but we don't have time to talk more because Mrs. Darby walks into the classroom and says to us, "Class is starting lovebirds!" Harry and I look at each other realizing we are still hugging. Startled, we turn beet red. I look up at Mrs. Darby and she smirks at me with a knowing look in her eyes. 'But we aren't dating,' I think to myself internally pouting.

I notice Liam and Niall both aren't in class and I feel myself getting worried again but Harry takes my hand and squeezes it to calm me down. My worries instantly leave me, but I feel sparks shooting in my hand. Does he really have that much of an affect on me? I see him frown down at his hand and he lets go of my hand. That hurt. I wonder what that was about. "Start talking with your partners! You and your partner's book will be due by the end of the year. The best three stories in the Junior class will win a two week trip to the States over the summer!" I hear Mrs. Darby instruct us.

Shit I totally zoned out. What are we supposed to be doing? I begin to panic and quickly turn to Harry and ask him what we are supposed to be doing. He giggles. I smirk at him, but think to myself, 'He giggled! Oh my god that was the most adorable thing I've ever heard.' He blushes, but tells me we are supposed to write a love story. WAIT! I have to write a love story with my best mate that I might like? 'Dear life,' I think, 'WHAT THE HELL DID I EVER DO TO YOU?' "We have the rest of the period to start working on it," Harry informs me.

I look at the time to see how long we have to work and I am reminded that Liam and Niall still haven't showed up. I remind Harry of this and he begins to worry. We ask Mrs. Darby if we can go look for him and she gives us hall passes. We wander the halls of the school before we come to a very unexpected site. Liam and Niall are tied up to a water fountain and Naughty Boy and his crew are shouting nasty things at them. I have no idea how they haven't been caught yet. Harry and I don't want to get tied up as well so we run to get Mrs. Darby instead of trying to save our best friends ourselves. We reach her classroom out of breath and tell her what we saw.

I see Chelsea and Riley listening in to our conversation attentively. They have a silent conversation through facial expressions before going back to working on their story. Huh I wonder what that was about. Mrs. Darby tells Zayn and Perrie they are in charge of the class while she comes with us to save Liam and Niall from the wrath of the greasy-faced prick.

We explain to her that Naughty Boy bullying us is a regular thing because we are gay and he is homophobic. "How bad is the bullying?" she asks us. "His bullying is verbal," Harry explains. "He has never gone this far before," I finish for him. It occurs to me that Naughty Boy has never physically bullied us, but I can't help but think that his words hurt more than his punches ever could. I'm pulled out of my thoughts as we reach the dreadful site of Liam and Niall.

A/N CLIFFHANGER so how is this? Please give me suggestions.