Chapter 14

Morning crept its way suddenly into me when a loud, toned sound jolted me awake from sleep. My eyes winced the second they fluttered open at the bright light coming through my window.

Groaning sleepily, I pulled the covers over my head and closed my eyes shut. Saving my weak eyes from the immense suffering of sudden daylight.

It went quiet then. Too quiet. And as I began trying to go back to my slumber, I sensed a few things that couldn't help but settle the blurry events of last night more vividly back in me. One of those things was the unavoidable scent of his cologne still lingering in my sheets. And the second, was the fact I could feel the bed sheets rubbing softly over my bare skin, telling me I was still sleeping topless in my bed. Which was something I never do!

Alerted and panicking, I kicked the covers and pushed myself to sit on my mattress. My eyes winced again, a slight burn stinging under my lids but I ignored it and pulled the covers further more up, covering my bare breasts with it. He had left, I thought to myself. His coat wasn't here and nor his boots. I slouched forward and held my face between both of my hands. Feeling my heart settling shortly, when all of a sudden it jumped at the sound of that annoying ringing again. My phone.

"What?" I half shouted, picking it up from my nightstand and answering without even checking who it was, because I knew it was her.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Yuzuha's loud and breathless voice came from the other end, like she was walking fast. "Never mind, I'll be there in five." She muttered into the phone then the line hung up. I stared momentarily at the phone in my hand, then around my room, then down at myself naked in bed. I sighed and got up, my head, my skull, or just my thoughts hurting.

After brushing my teeth, washing up and putting a t-shirt on, I got out of the bathroom just in time to hear Yuzuha's light steps ascending the stairs along with the amiable tone she always uses whenever talking to my Nana. I closed the door behind me when she came to the upstairs hallway.

"Good morning, sleepy head." She said, a nervous smile tugging at her lips. I glared at her, without saying anything, I turned and dashed back into my room.

"Oh come on, Emi!" She came after me, "I'm so sorry for leaving you." Her voice turned hushed as she closed the door behind her. "You don't even know what happened yet! It's not like I did it on purpose!"

"I don't wanna hear it." I said as I started making my bed and arranging my pillows. My hoodie and bra from last night came to view so I quickly picked them up and threw them in the laundry basket. "I don't care what happened and I don't care what you have to say."

"Don't be like this. You know I'll never do you like that on purpose!" She came near my bed and was about to sit down.

"No." I said, pointing at the loveseat near the window. "Sit over there."

Yuzuha's brows rose then she nodded. "So much had happened, Emi, in one freaking night! And I need to tell you because I feel like I'm about to die here! It's literally grabbing me by the throat..." She breathed out. And I realized she was in her blabbering state. A state she's never in unless she was scared and nervous about something, or just talking about Takemichi.

I sat on my bed and crossed my legs. "Shoot."

Yuzuha sat with her legs bent at her side, her hair gathered on her shoulder messily. She took a breath. "Ok, first, I'm so sorry for leaving you the way I did. I wasn't thinking right."

I shook my head. "You could have texted me!"

"I know! But I didn't because like I said, I really wasn't in my right mind. I was worried to death about Hakkai!"