🌕 Information

As you step into the peaceful night, a full moon shines bright among the infinite stars. A silvery trail of light appears in front of you, leading into the unknown.

You take a step forward, and proceed to follow the path of moonlight...

Hello, and welcome to our very first Lunar Paragons Awards! We are truly delighted to have you here! 

We are a user-run account dedicated to awards of various types, and we decided to kick things off with an old-style, genre-based contest first (but who knows what the future holds ;) ). The hosts behind this account are ninaisawip and bamolas. Our goal is to create a friendly environment for people to participate in, discover some new books, have fun, and hand out some cute stickers to the selected winners (amongst other things)!

You will find some more nitty gritty details in the following chapters, so let us explain the basics here! 

This contest will accept books from different genres, although not all of them. For now, we don't have Fanfiction, Poetry, and Humor, but that doesn't mean they'll be excluded from our awards forever. You'll notice that some genres have also been merged, either due to similar themes or due to a potentially smaller number of individual entries. 

We'll be accepting the maximum of 10/15 entries, a minimum of 2/3 judges, and the maximum of 4/6 judges per category (more information in the categories chapter). We are also accepting both mature and LGBTQ+ works! But please, when submitting a participant form, make sure to specify whether or not you have any of these contents. And for the judges, please make sure to state what you're alright reading with. We just want to make sure everyone reads something they might actually enjoy and won't be uncomfortable with. <3

One of the main things participants and judges alike are curious about is how many people will they have to follow and read for in order to enter, and what will they get out of it. Well, we decided to make the payment process slightly different from what we mostly see around in other contests, because there's often lots of flaws that open the possibility of people joining just for the sake of reads, and then not doing their share of work or just going radio-silent on everyone. 

That's why we decided to make those little rewards go around in a circle! So, essentially, participants will be giving their payment to the hosts, and then the hosts will reward the judges for their hard work, but only AFTER they've completed it. This is to ensure people don't just sign up to judge for some read-grabs before disappearing and dumping all of their work on us.

We will also try our best to stick as closely as possible to all of the timelines, rules, and regulations that we've set in place. We can't promise a completely smooth ride since it's our first time hosting an awards together and we still have a lot to learn, but we'd love to offer everyone as much professionalism as an amateur user-run Wattpad contest possibly can.

For the end, we would also like to thank our wonderful friend, LueurlaVespine, who created our gorgeous cover! She's such a young, but incredibly talented designer, and a true delight to work with. Go check her out because she deserves so so so much love!

Before we proceed to the timeline, please keep in mind that there's always a possibility of something changing

Before we proceed to the timeline, please keep in mind that there's always a possibility of something changing. We'll be relying on the judges who are—just like us—volunteers who will be donating a portion of their time to ensure that this contest pushes through until the end, but they're also real people with their own private lives. We understand that things can unexpectedly get in the way sometimes, so we hope you can too, and in return we'll ensure to let you know as soon as we realize we will need some sort of a delay/extension. 

September 11 - Opening for entries

September 25 - Closing the entries

*In case we're really running low on entries, we will extend submissions for another week (September 25–October 2) and post an additional announcement about it in this book and/or our profile's message board.

October 3 - Announcing all the participants and judges who made it through; the judging begins

October 3–November 6 - The judging period (split into two mini-phases)

November 8 - Announcing the results

Have any questions for us? Don't hesitate to ask us here!