🌓 Submissions Extension

Hello, Paragons! We decided to extend the deadlines for submissions since we still have room for more entries! We need both participants and judges! You now have until Sunday, October 2nd, to apply!

Here's how we're standing with the categories so far:

Submissions are CLOSED for the following categories: Fantasy, Vampire/Werewolf

The Fantasy category has already filled up in the first few days, and Vampire/Werewolf category doesn't have any entries yet, so we just decided to close it. All the other categories are still open and have 3-6 more available spots. For more information on those, please keep referring to the chapter titled "Categories & Judging Criteria", since we'll still be updating that one regularly. Whether or not the categories fill up by Sunday, we'll be closing the submissions without any further extensions, and simply proceed with the entries we have by then.

The only exception here is Historical Fiction category, which has less than the minimal 3 entries as of right now. If we don't get at least three participants by Sunday, we'll have to close the category, but since we don't want to exclude anyone who's already applied and completed all the rules, we'll try to relocate them to the second closest category, if such exists.

All participants for Historical Fiction category, please let us know if there's any secondary category your book could fall under in case we need to move your book somewhere else. If you don't provide any, we'll try our best to move it to a category that we deem closest, but we'd prefer you to decide on a category on your own.

As for the judges, there are no limitations for genres at the moment, especially if you have more than one category as a preference. The only genre we don't need judges for is Vampire/Werewolf, since that one is getting closed due to having no entries, but there's still more spots available in all the others. As a small reminder, if you decide to participate as well, you can't apply to judge the category you're participating in.

Once again, we'd like to urge all participants to please complete all their payment by Sunday. We're carefully checking everything and keeping track of the things people have completed, so if you've submitted your form before this chapter came out and parts of your payment are missing/incomplete, we have already reminded you of what you're missing. We don't like going back and forth with participants either, so it's in everyone's best interest to have all the payments completed. Without that, we cannot accept your entries. If we've already reminded you of something you're missing, but you ignored our heads up, and then decide to complain when you don't see your name on the list of accepted entries, we will not take responsibility for that. We know that some people can easily forget things, so we'll send out a final reminder to everyone a day or two before closing the submissions to ensure everyone knows they still have something they haven't completed. 

(And as a quick PSA, since more chapters of the book required for payment are now available, if you've submitted your form and done at least some part of the reading BEFORE those chapters were out, you don't have to read any of the new ones as well. You can if you want to, but since you applied before they were out, we won't be chasing down anyone to read them, especially not the participants that we've already accepted. However, if you apply AFTER there's 5 or more chapters out already, please read the required number of chapters stated in the rules, and feel free to skip introductions and any similar non-book chapters.)

For the end, we'd like to ask all the participants to kindly refrain from tagging us in other awards. One of us isn't actively seeking other awards, and the other doesn't even have a book on her profile, so we feel that it defeats the purpose of tagging requirements. We've been getting a lot of tags in the past two weeks, even from people who aren't our participants, and it often buries other notifications we receive, so please don't tag us in the future if we don't know you personally and didn't give you our explicit permission. We hope you understand. :D

We think we've covered everything you need to know for this week, but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, and we'll try our best to reply as quickly as possible! 

See you soon!