🌕 Results

The wait is finally over, Paragons! 

Considering this was our first time hosting a contest and we had no prior experience with organizing something like this, we expected to have a few bumps in the road as we tried to navigate everything. Nonetheless, this was a valuable learning experience for our future awards, and we are so grateful for everyone's patience as we were bringing the judging process to the end and compiling the results!

We've discovered lots of amazing books along the way, and trying to set apart the best of the best was very hard, so if your book didn't win or make it to the top 5, don't worry! We'd like everyone to keep in mind that this is still a user-run contest, and while we value objectivity and judging all participants equally, people's standards may vary. Just because your book wasn't proclaimed one of the best by our standards doesn't have to mean it's not good at all, so don't lose faith!

On a similar note, we'd like to remind everyone that harassing or being rude to any of the hosts, judges, or fellow participants is not allowed, regardless of your results. Any instances of doing so will warrant a permanent disqualification from any of our future awards. :)

Now, without further ado, let's move on to the part we're all waiting for!

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

☆゜·。。·゜FANTASY   ゜·。。·゜★

Oh, Fantasy, Fantasy, you gave us such a cutthroat competition. This was probably the hardest category to judge due to the increased amount of entries we received. In fact, it was so hard, that we even ended up with a tie for the third place! Instead of breaking the tie, we decided to award both books with shiny bronze medals, because honestly, there were only slight nuances setting these books apart, and they all truly deserve their little place under the spotlight.

Honorable mentions

5th place: The Black Lotus by ldjwrites 

4th place: The Dragon's Scale by Cross-Warrior 

Winners

3rd place: Of Caverns and Casters by avadel AND The Heart of Asariel by SpruceWolf 

2nd place: Ashes to Ashes by TheConfusedTurtle 

1st place: Whisper of Blade by MiyaHikari 

☆゜·。。·゜SCIENCE FICTION   ゜·。。·゜★

Honorable mentions

5th place: Beneath the Red Sand by Lorareedpalmer 

4th place: Red Skies by ldjwrites 

Winners

3rd place: Awakening the Blade by dreaminginreverie 

2nd place: Masters of the Sky by axgirl13