30 - Christmas in 60 Degree Weather

Start from the beginning

"Daddy, make cookies with us." Charlie says and I smile.

"Okay Sis." I smile, leaning my hands against the white granite counter.

I look out one of the windows. Laying in the middle of the yard, is Brinley and Emery. Brinley was on her stomach, a gun propped up and under her arm.

She had a baseball cap on, her hair was braided, and she had a pair of soundproof headphones on. She was wearing a t-shirt that hugged her tightly, and a pair of boot-cut jeans that made her ass look extra nice and round. All paired with a pair of square toed cowboy boots, with mud on stuck to the bottoms.

She reloaded the gun before cocking and placing her index finger on the trigger. She looked through the scope before she gently pulled the trigger back and a gunshot sounded. She didn't even flinch and the kickback didn't even phase her. Atta girl.

"They'll let you shoot some things, if you want to." Sawyer says as I look over at her. "You ever shot a gun?"

"Yeah, my uncle and I used to go to shooting ranges when I was growing up." I say and she smiles.

"You'll fit right in then." She says and I grin.

"Brinley's outside Charlie, do you want to say hi?" Sawyer asks.

"Is it gonna be loud?" Charlie asks.

"No, I'll tell them to stop."

"Okay!"

"Give me just a second." Sawyer says, walking into the mudroom before I hear a door open and she starts yelling. "Stop shootin' for a minute!" She yells before walking back into the kitchen.

"You're good to go." She says and I chuckle. "Come on." She says, putting her hands out for Charlie. Charlie lets her pick her up, as they start walking towards the mudroom and I follow.

She opens the back door and Brinley and Emery's heads turn to look back at us. Brinley grins, pushing herself up to a standing position. She pulls the soundproof headphones off, letting them rest around her neck.

"Brinley!" Charlie yells, running towards her.

"Oh, my heart can't take it." Sawyer says as we walk towards them. "I miss them little baby days."

"It's something, let me tell ya." I say with a smile on my face.

The sun reflects off of Brinley and Emery's belt buckles as they walk towards us.

Brinley scoops Charlie up in her arms, a sweet smile on her face. "I missed you Brinley!" Charlie says, wrapping her arms around Brinley's neck.

"I missed you too, cutie!" Brinley says, wrapping her arms around her, hugging her back.

"What about me Charlie?" Emery asks and Charlie grins and puts her arms out for her.

"Nope." Brinley says, turning her back towards Emery.

"You little shit, give me the child." Emery says, reaching her hands out.

"Oh boy." Sawyer says.

"No!" Brinley yells, a grin on her face.

"Yes!"

"Nooo!" Brinley yells as she starts running away.

"You little bitch!" Emery yells.

"Language!" Sawyer yells and I chuckle.

"Hey, you little shits!" I hear a male voice yell, drawing all of our attention over to a shed.

Brinley's dad, Kevin comes walking towards us, mud all over the bottoms of his jeans and shoes.

"Brinley, I need you to go get the tractor." He says.