His mind raced with thoughts as the memory of what he had seen and heard in that mail, and once again everything just came flooding back to him.

No matter how much he thought about it, he still couldn't believe it. He didn't want to believe it at all.

He couldn't believe that Madison had been... She had been pregnant. His stomach churned at the thought of that word. Pregnant.

At first he hadn't believe it, but then those audio messages. Those fucking audio messages. He had heard everything, and all the confirmation he needed was there.

Mr Rudiger had carried out a mini interrogation on some of the neighbors, and the people who had been around the Connors at that time, and he had them recorded. In those tapes he heard different people give their testimony of what they had seen, and it all summed up to the same thing - Madison had once been pregnant.

Some of them had even called her a shameless teen, who got pregnant and ran away from home, while others had nothing but pity for the poor girl.

Damien felt chills run down his spine as he remembered all of it. He had been in complete denial at first, but then those testimonies held the truth. There was more than five witnesses who had even confirmed that they had seen the baby bump, around the period when she had been thrown out of the house.

Now there was a thing Damien didn't understand though.

Some of the neighbors confirmed that she had ran away, while others said she had been sent away by her father. That she had been disowned, and now Damien began to wonder why that had happened.

It was beginning to make a little more sense though. How she looked like she was estranged from her family. The issue of her being poor and all that. He didn't understand the ache in his chest, but he quickly pushed it away.

What he really wanted to know now was who the child belonged to, and the whereabouts of the child also.

So far, Mr Rudiger didn't give him any information concerning any child, and Damien doubted if Alvarez knew a thing about this because he had not brought the topic up.

Again he was wondering if the child was the reason why Madison had been working so much, even when she had briefly stayed in New York.

Did she have a child to support? Was the child in London with her? Damien had so many questions to ask, but the answers weren't in the documents.

All he had was proof that she really had been pregnant, and these were confirmed audios and blasphemies.

Lord knows what she must have been through. All alone, and with a child to cater for.

Damn! He cursed internally, his eyes itching, hands shaking at the same time as he poured himself another shot of whiskey. And then another, and another, downing every gulp until he began to feel slightly woozy.

Still he needed to keep drinking. Everything that was happening...all these revelations, they were just too much for him to handle and to douse the fire and rage in his chest, he continued to gulp down cups of alcohol until he was nearly done with the bottles scattered on the floor.

"Babe... Damien?"

Slowly lifting his head up, he looked toward the door to see Katherine standing there, her arms folded across her chest as she stared at him in surprise. He hadn't heard her come in because currently his ears were blocked, his head felt like it was on fire and his eyelids were very heavy too.

He was also feeling very numb, to put it lightly.

"You're drinking?" Katherine gaped at him, as she walked closer to where he was seated, "It's 7AM in the morning and you're supposed to be getting ready for work." As she spoke, she snatched the half empty whisky bottle and put it back into the cabinet.

When he still didn't say anything, she glared at him, tapping against his hand, "Damien, is something wrong? You never drink this early. What's up?"

"Ahh go away, d-don't touch me..." He slurred, pushing her incoming hand away as he shakily tried to get to his feet. His legs felt wobbly and he held onto the chair close by, for support. When he saw Katherine narrow her eyes at him, he frowned.

"Damien...are you drunk? What am I even saying? You are drunk, what the hell..." Katherine said holding onto his hand again, as he tried to move away.

Damien meanwhile groaned when pain shot through his head, and his body began to shake violently. "I... I shouldn't have checked the f-flash drive." He murmured. His stomach was so full he felt like throwing up. And everything was getting so blurry...

"Flash drive? What flash drive? Babe what are you talking about?" Katherine asked him, but Damien only pushed her aside as he began to wobble to his the bed in his room.

She stopped him by pulling his hand towards her, "You're drunk, okay? You shouldn't be—" She shook her head as Damien began to murmur some incomprehensible words, and obviously becoming annoyed she began to tap against his chest roughly, "What are you even talking about?"

"Need t-to find out more about her... about Madison and all that ha..." He breathed, pulling his hand away from hers, as he managed finally to get to his bed. This time Katherine was no longer following him, instead she stood rooted in shock.

"Madison? That bitch!" She yelled furiously, "What about her?" She hissed, raking her hands in her hair, "You're doing it again, Damien. Talking about that bitch while I've wa—"

Damien didn't even say a word, and suddenly feeling the urge to urinate, he stood up from the bed and staggered slowly to the bathroom banging the door hard and cutting Katherine's speech off.

He didn't even want to face her right now, and moreover he needed some ice cold water to cool himself down.

.......

Thanks for reading. 💕