27 - Mama Approved

Start from the beginning

"Technically she's not quite my girlfriend yet, it was just easier to tell Charlie that she was."

"How long as this been going on?"

"Well.. I've had feelings for her, kind of since I met her really, but nothing really happened until last night."

Except for the phone sex we had like a week ago but, she didn't need to know that.

She sighs, sitting down at the table across from me. "I just don't want this to be another Josephine situation." She says, reaching forward and grabbing my hand.

"It's not. I really like her, and shes a good person. Just ask James and Ryan if you don't believe me. They all love her, and you know how they felt about Josephine." I say and her face relaxes.

She sighs again, looking away before looking back at me. "Okay. I trust you. Besides, it's good to finally put a name to the face." She says, a small chuckle escaping her lips.

"For the past two months I've heard non-stop about this girl, from Charlie. I didn't realize I should've been talking about her with you too." She says, squeezing my hand. "She's gorgeous, Christian."

A grin appears on my face, "I know."

"Boy. You are so whipped. I can tell just by that grin." She says and my grin grows even wider.

I didn't even care that I was whipped. I was a total goner when it came to Brinley.

"Get her down here, I want officially meet her." My mom says, a smile on her face.

I go upstairs, walking into Charlie's room I see Brinley sitting on the floor, holding Charlie's favorite baby doll as Charlie does something in the little toy kitchen.

"Whatcha doing?" I ask, leaning against the doorframe.

Brinley and Charlie both look over at me. "Playing house!" Charlie answers, a grin on her face.

"She tried to make me be the dog." Brinley says and I chuckle, walking into the room.

"Come on Sis, Mamaw wants to meet Brinley." I say and Charlie throws the fake food down.

"Okay!" She says, grabbing ahold of Brinley's hands. She tries to pull her up but Brinley doesn't budge. She purses her lips together, stifling a laugh.

Charlie gets her determined look on her face, planting her feet into the carpet. She grunts as she tries to pull Brinley up and Brinley doesn't move.

"Don't be mean Brin." I say and she giggles.

Charlie turns around, wrapping Brinley's arms around her neck. She moves her left foot forward, and starts pulling that way. Grunting and groaning before Brinley stands up.

"You did it!" Brinley says, putting her hand out.

"I did!" Charlie exclaims, slapping Brinley's hand with her own. "Look at my muscles Daddy." She says, flexing her arms but nothing appears.

"I'm strong like you." She says and I didn't have the heart to tell her otherwise.

"You are Sis!" I say and she comes running over and I lift her up into my arms.

Brinley smiles at us. I nod my head, signaling for her to come over.

"I can't believe Brinley's your girlfriend!" Charlie says, looking back at Brinley as we walk down the stairs. "Are you gonna take her on date?"

"Soon Sis."

"Can I come?" She asks in a hopeful tone.

"Maybe sometime." I say as we walk into the kitchen.

My mom stands up and walks over to us. She basically shoves Charlie and I out of the way to get to Brinley.

"So you're the famous Brinley." My mom says, pulling her into a hug.

Brinley wasted no time reciprocating it as she wraps her arms around her. She looks at me over my mom's shoulder and Charlie and I give her a thumbs up.

"You can call me Amy, honey." My mom says, cupping Brinley's cheeks.

A sweet smile forms on Brinley's face as they begin talking.

I look at Charlie and she holds her fist up. "We did good with this one Daddy." She says as I bump my fist to hers.

I laugh, "Where'd you hear a sentence like that?"

"Aunty Elsie." She says, grinning.

"Of course you did." I say, shaking my head. "Did Mamaw feed you?"

"Nope!" She says, patting her stomach. "I'm starving, I could eat a whole cow." She says.

So, I'm done letting her hang out with James and Elsie.

"I'm sure you could." I say, walking over to the fridge. "Anyone want pancakes?"

Word Count: 1,158