Escape

"Emilia Fisher... getting ready to go on a date with a summer boy," Belly said way louder than she needed.

I didn't need the boys to know especially if this didn't work out. One date. I agreed to let him take me on one date to see how things went. I don't know how I agreed to this. One minute I was wiping a little kid's slushy mess off the table and the next I agreed to let him pick me up at five today. It wasn't supposed to happen...I swear.

I was searching through my closet that suddenly became filled with clothes I was convinced I looked horrible in. "I never thought I would see the day," she sang.

"I will literally never tell you anything again."

I settled on a pair of sand-colored shorts and a white halter top. I got dressed and did my hair in some loose curls just in time for him to text me on the way!!!!!

"Bye, Button," I whispered, sneaking down the stairs only to see Conrad at the door talking to Cam.

Shit.

"Yeah," I heard him stutter. "I'm here to take Emilia on a date."

"You're doing what now?" Conrad asked. He looked like he was about to slam the door in Cam's perfect face. (Don't you dare say anything about me calling his face perfect. It is. I'm not going to lie to you)

He was in a pair of dark teal shorts and a striped shirt that fit around his muscles far too well.

I ran down the steps and stood in front of Conrad. It didn't do much, he's a head taller than me and could throw me on the couch to complete his interrogation if he really wanted to.

"He said he is taking me on a date, Glasses."

I tried to leave and debated grabbing Cam's arm and making a run for his car but that wouldn't be very classy.

Conrad lightly grabbed my arm, "don't even think about it," he whispered.

"Get out of my head," I said through my teeth.

"I'm sorry," Cam finally got out. "Is there a problem with me being here?"

"No!" I said as quickly as I could.

"Yes!" Conrad yelled as quickly as he could.

I shook my head, "No, stop. I'm a grown-up. I can make my own choices. Goodbye Conrad."

"What's goin' on?" Jere said, running down the steps in his swim trunks.

You've got to be kidding me.

"Emilia thinks she's going on a date," Conrad spat.

"Emilia is going on a date. Goodbye, you both."

Here smiled and took my hand spinning me in a circle, "You look pretty have fun."

Jeremiah is officially my favorite brother.

"Goodbye!" I yelled a little too loud, grabbing Cam's hand and running him to the car. (Classy went out the window a long time ago).

He smiled at me still holding my hand when we got to his car, "You look beautiful as always."

I smiled back, definitely not as cute. "Thank you. You look great." I laughed nervously remembering all the crazy he just watched. "If you want to run now while you have the chance I totally get it."

He pulled me closer with the hand he was still holding and whispered in my hair, "Do you think you can get rid of me that easy?"

Yep. There's no going back now.

I smiled and pulled away to look up at him, "so...what's your plan that you won't tell me about?"

"You'll see," he smiled. He opened the car door for me.

He plays Taylor Swift as we drive, I don't know if he did it for me or if he did it because he likes it but... he willingly listened to Taylor Swift so it doesn't matter why.

"Aren't you gonna sing?" He asked, looking over at me with a perfect smile.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "huh?"

He laughed, "I see you singing literally all time and you're outstanding. I just thought I'd be lucky enough to hear it all for myself."

I felt my face start to turn pink, "Maybe. We'll have to see."

He ran his hand on my cheek, "you've got a little something."

"What?" I asked, frantically pulling the vizor down.

He laughed pulling into a cute little restaurant I'd never heard of. "No no, I'm sorry. I just mean you're blushing."

It only made me blush more. He held my face softly and I took a shallow breath. How the hell does he do that?

I can't even see my face but I can tell you right now, that Ulta would color match me to a tomato.

He laughed softly again, "Do I make you blush, Miss Fisher?"

That's it, I'm done for. I'm falling in love. Fuck it, I know I already did. Love, at first sight, is only supposed to happen in the movies where they live happily ever after. Not where they see each other for three months and the girl moves ten hours away watching her mom get sicker and sicker. How the hell do I tell him that when my mom gets worse I'm going to be the worst version of myself?

"Too much?" He asked, dropping his hand.

No. Not enough. I want to kiss you. I want to wrap my entire body around you...oh my God who am I?

I'm not a prude, I know that. I've kissed plenty of people, had plenty of partners, and covered all the bases. But this boy can make my stupid heart do flips by just breathing near me.

"Nope. Perfect. I mean if anything not enough."

What the fuck, Emilia? He's being so romantic and you look like an idiot.

"Really?" He asked, easing an eyebrow. "Good to know."

I let out a shy laugh. "Really."

He kissed the side of my cheek and got out of the car. He practically ran to the side of the car to open the door for me. He took my hand and walked me into the restaurant. Our arms were intertwined just like our fingers. It was perfect and just the way I wanted to spend my summer and maybe. If it works out maybe forever.

Cruel Summer| Cam Cameron (1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें