Perfect World

I walked outside with Jere and Steven, Conrad was sitting by the edge of the pool, a beer bottle and cigarette at his side, normally something I would lay into him for but I needed to be on his good side if my plan was going to work. Belly had just come up for air as I walked outside.

"Can you get me out of movie night with the moms please?" I asked him, running over to him and looking up at him with big eyes.

"I love you but you know I can't do that," he said back.

I sighed and made my pleading eyes more intense, "You can, you're awesome. You are the favorite...please?"

"I'm going to a bonfire with Jere and Steven," he said, looking over at them.

I smiled proudly, "I can come too.:

"There is going to be a lot of drinking and creepy guys going, I don't want you to go." He said, getting overprotective of me. He still always plays the big brother role, he always has. Even more after mom and dad started fighting and dad moved out.

"Please? I'm getting too old for movie nights with the moms." I said back.

"No, goodbye," he said, putting his hand on my face and pushing me back before getting in the car with Jere and Steven,

I ran back inside and saw Laurel and my mom in the kitchen making snacks for the movie night. "Do we have to watch a movie? I think I'm a little too old for it now." I said to my mom, Laurel was still popping the popcorn.

Mom thought for a second, "Only if you really want to."

"I think I'm going to skip the movie and go to bed, goodnight mom, goodnight Laurel," I said before skipping up the stairs and into my room.

I waited for Belly to get out of the pool and come upstairs, I knew she wanted to go to the bonfire too so I just waited. She knocked on my door before opening it. Her hair was still dripping pool water getting the shoulders of the shirt she was wearing wet.

"I'm going to call Taylor and then we can get ready," she said before going into her room. She came back with her phone and her bag.

She called Taylor and set her phone on my dresser. "Where are you going?" She asked Taylor.

"To a show," Taylor responded.

"Tonight Conrad and I were talking by the pool, just the two of us and it felt different," Belly told Taylor, I had already known but I was still excited. If Belly only knew the way Conrad talked about her when it was just the two of us.

"Good different? See, I told you." Taylor said as she finished up her makeup.

"I don't know, I mean Jerimiah and Steven came down, and then they all just left and went to this thing on the beach," Belly told her.

I added. "But we're going too, and she might need your help getting ready, my advice alone isn't trusted."

"Look in your duffel bag, I gave you my secret weapon. Not to keep, just to borrow." Taylor told Belly.

She opened it and shuffled through her clothes. "No way in hell," I said as she held up this tiny pink see-through dress.

"I actually kinda like it," Belly said as she held it up.

I put my hands up in defense, "It's cute but is it you?"

She rolled her eyes at me, "It's the new Belly, get used to it."

I shook my head and smiled, "You're crazy."

I looked in my closet and pulled out a baby blue spaghetti strap dress. It was lower cut and the skirt went to my mid-thigh.