V2 Chap 3 : 'This isn't over'

Start from the beginning

I decided to let her hold onto the keycard since she already seemed to be in love with it and kept pressing me to keep it, just like a little child pressing their parents for some candy. She already installed the mini-version of me in it as if she was already claiming ownership, which was quite quick to say the least

However, I couldn't help but notice the doll becoming damp as if a faint shadow was being cast over it. It appeared a little darker since the colors were slightly washed away, which triggered my curiosity since its condition wasn't supposed to deteriorate this quickly..

"Hon-"

"Oh? Fancy bumping into you here, Ayanokouji-senpai ! " Just as I was about to ask her, a group of individuals appeared right by the entrance of the hallway and abruptly interrupted us. Leading me to pause and look towards the direction of the caller, to find a familiar white-haired boy with green eyes approaching us, with his group lacking behind as he smiled widely at us.

"Oh, Takahashi-kun ! Good afternoon " Honami greeted him back the instance she recognized him, with a smile of her own.

( A/N : Yep, I'm on drugs. I keep on changing his hair colors [Well this is the only time I did it] But this is the last time )

"Good afternoon to you too as well, Ichinose-senpai" Takahashi slightly bowed his head at Honami, who responded with the same. Before shifting his eyes towards me

"So, how may we help you today ?" Honami decided to take the initiative in the conversation and talk to Takahashi, who yet again, shifted his gaze from me towards her with his smile slightly extending.

"Oh, I came here to congratulate Ayanokouji-senpai on taking first place in the exam. I was certainly not expecting that." Takahashi expressed his motives through his words, before shifting his head towards me and grinning. "So congratulations, Ayanokouji-senpai."

It was by this time our friends finished packing and approached us as a group, casting curious glances at Takahashi and his group over our shoulders. Contrary to Takahashi's expression, everyone in his group gave me wary looks while displaying some small hints of hostility in their eyes. However, I couldn't focus much on that, since the person below me had a similar yet distinct expression of his own

Takahashi's smile wasn't his usual cozy one, it was an eerie expression hidden behind a calculative gaze in a halfhearted manner, seemingly not intending to hide it in the first place. Honami looked perplexed as she stared at him, her expression becoming solemn as the atmosphere descended into tense silence. However...

"Thanks" I replied monotonously, unfazed by this whole ordeal, which resulted in Takahashi cocking his brow. "You didn't do badly yourself. Congratulations on being second to me."

".....Thank you, Senpai" Takahashi's eyebrow twitched in annoyance at my words. However, he managed to keep his tone in check and continued speaking. "However, doesn't that bring us to our main question for the day ?

"How did you do it, Ayanokouji-senpai ?"

Takahashi's question echoed through the quiet hallways, as it traveled the distances. The class was quiet, the moment they noticed our contact they joined the audience and silently spectated. Takahashi's expression remained unchanging. However, his voice sounded persuasive and stern, as if commanding me to spill the answers for him.

"Do what ?" My answer However, was playing dumb

His group of admirers started getting frustrated at me as their rage slowly became more apparent. However, it quickly faded as Takahashi began speaking

"Don't take me for a fool, Ayanokouji-senpai. How did you manage to do it ?" Takahashi inquired sternly, not budging against my obvious ruse and strengthening his tone, seemingly having enough of it. "Did you perhaps cheat ? Or maybe you knew the exam questions in advance ? It wouldn't be farfetched, given that your partner also scored as high"