Chapter 71

(Y/n)'s POV

Blood slowly oozed out of a cut on my lip. A smirk graced my face, which only angered the group in front of me. The cut stretched as I smiled, sporting the opposite reaction to their expectations.

"Now they can't complain when I call this self defence."

I punched the brown-haired male student in the face, aiming a kick towards his torso. He stumbled backwards, clutching his nose as hot blood gushed out. The other male student grabbed me from behind.

A grunt left my mouth as he tightened his grasp. I managed to slip an arm free and felt backwards to poke his eyes. He pushed me away, making me crash against the school's back gates.

The two girls snickered as I staggered. The crash had hit my bad side, the still-healing bruises now throbbing with pain. The school bell rang, signalling the end of the lunch break.

"Give it up, girlie. You can't leave here unscathed," said the silver-haired boy.
"What did Ayaka bribe you with? Money? Or was it Ruka?"
"Shut it, hoe. You don't have any right to talk when you sleep around with different guys every week," exclaimed the short-haired girl.
"What the hell?"
"Oi, leave her alone!" Reki yelled.

He came running towards us but the group didn't back down. Instead, the silver-haired student pulled out a knife, twirling it between his fingers. He headed towards Reki, eyeing my childhood friend as he neared.

"Careful, I would hate for you to get cut," said the male student.
"Oh yeah? I dare you. I'm not scared of your stupid blade," Reki replied.
"Reki, what are you-"

The boy held the knife at his throat, threatening to slice his skin open. I was suddenly grabbed by the brown-haired male, his hands gripping my waist tightly. A pained gasp escaped my mouth.

"Now I'd suggest you don't resist if you don't want to see your friend hurt," he whispered into my ear.

One of his hands trailed upwards at a slow space whilst the other toyed with my skirt. I stiffened, resisting the urge to wreck his face even further. Reki's mouth drew into a thin line as he was forced to watch.

"Poor boy, your friend's gonna become his plaything and the only thing you can do is watch," exclaimed the girl with wavy hair.
"Not if I can help it," he answered.

Reki smashed his skateboard into his captor's stomach, making the male double over in pain. He then ran towards us, aiming a punch straight at the brown-haired student's broken nose. I was pulled into Reki's arms but we came crashing down as the silver head grabbed Reki's foot.

The knife ripped his shirt before we both stilled. I reluctantly let the girls grab me as the boy once again held the knife at Reki's throat after kicking his board away. He glared at the group who were so willing to tear away our lives.

The girls giggled as they fiddled with the buttons on my shirt. I let out an angry breath. My mind swirled and churned as thoughts came and went. Reki yelled at the girls to stop, his eyes desperate and his tone worried.

"Keep going and I'll release the video."

All their faces paled a ghostly complexion. A smirk graced my face. It had been a bluff but I hadn't known that these four vulgar students would actually have something they'd never want released into the world.

"W-what are you talking about?" asked the silver-haired male.
"Exactly what I said. You guys have a certain video that I came across online."
"T-that's impossible! We deleted everything-" the short-haired girl quickly shut her mouth before any more could spill out.
"Well, not everything. My hacker friend found a trace when he was breaking into- actually, we won't get into that," I lied with ease.

The guy with the broken nose slapped me across the face. My skin stung ferociously from the force of his hand. More blood spluttered out from the cut on my lip, dripping onto the ground.

"Careful, hurt me one more time and the video will be released. My hacker friend has eyes everywhere."
"Oh yeah? And he suddenly feels the need to save your ass?" questioned the silver head.
"Of course. He and I go way back. I'd do anything for him and vice versa."

Reki's eyes widened. I had been referring to him. A cheeky grin tugged at my mouth. The group suddenly let us go as a teacher came running and yelling, determined to stop this fight between 'delinquents'.

My legs gave way; however, Reki immediately had me in his arms, burying my face into his clothes as I let out a shaky sigh. Relief overtook my mind as he held me tighter.

~Some time later~

The nurse smiled and left us alone on our beds in the infirmary, deeming that we had no life-threatening injuries. My side still pounded in pain; however, the ice helped loosen some of its poisonous clutches.

A loud crash reverberated across the room. Reki and I looked at each other before rushing outside. The brown-haired student was on the floor, laughing maniacally as two teachers attempted to escort him away.

Langa's fist dripped hot blood onto the pristine floor as a dangerous anger overtook his eyes. A look at the insane male was all I needed to know that Langa had punched him. The guy calmed down, a smirk stretching over his nasty face.

"You have no idea how much she begged me to stop. I wanted to make her scream-"

I hurriedly ran in front of Langa, wrapping my arms around his torso to prevent him from injuring the guy, lest he was suspended for hitting him even if he deserved it.

"Langa, it's okay."
"Let me go," he said in a low tone.
"Langa, it's me."

My hands cupped his face, moving his head so that his gaze met mine. They slowly lost their anger; worry, concern and another emotion I couldn't place taking over.

"It's me. You're okay now."
"(Y/n), did he hurt you? What did-"
"No, I'm as good as new. I broke his nose before he could do anything."
"Your lip is bleeding."
"That's-"
"Did he do that? I-"

I held a finger to his lips and smiled. I whispered softly, reassuring him of the living nightmare he had fallen into. His fingers lightly grazed my cheek as he tugged a lock of hand behind my ear, breathing a heavy sigh of relief. My heart thumped as his hand lingered, though he was quick to retract it to pull me into a hug.

"Seems like you had a heart attack," I teased softly.
"...I almost did," was his reply.
"Oi guys," Reki called.

We pulled apart to see a familiar face walking towards us.

"Hey," Sumiko greeted.