21 - My Best Friends' Wedding

Start from the beginning

"Brin, for sure Brin." Riley says and I chuckle.

"We should make Elsie watch to see who does." Emery suggests.

"That'd be funny." I say.

"Oh, we're so doing it now."

We finally get done with pictures and everything before it's time for the ceremony to start.

"Heard you got yourself a boyfriend." Aaron, Logan's brother, quips as we make our way down the aisle.

"Where'd ya hear that?" I say, doing a little wave at my parents.

"I know everything." He says and I chuckle.

"You're something else, A-a- ron." I say and he laughs quietly.

"God, I forgot about that video." He says, chuckling.

"Key & Peele is quite entertaining." I say and he agrees.

"I swear, my brother picked the longest aisle ever, just to torture me." He says as we wave at Nora's grandparents."Try not to cry the second you see her." He says, kissing me on the cheek before we go our separate ways. Little shit.

Emery smiles awkwardly at me as I go to stand right in front of her.

"Are you gonna cry first, or am I?" Logan whispers and I shrug.

Logan's cousin Lydia comes and stands close to us as she brings the microphone up close to her mouth, telling everyone to stand.

Then the piano starts playing I Can't Help Falling In Love With You - Hailey Reinhart before Lydia starts singing the lyrics. 

Nora appears, her arm looped around her dad's and I instantly lose it. "Shit.." I mumble, looking back at Emery to see her crying too. I look over at Logan as he wipes his eyes, his lip quivering and I was immediately more than a goner.

Nora's stepmom, Carrie reaches forward, handing Emery and I each a tissue. I thank her and she squeezes my hand before leaning back in her seat.

Nora's mom died when Nora was 14, it was crazy and unexpected. But, eventually, Carrie entered the picture and she stepped up and took in Nora as her own. Hell, she even took me and Emery in, just like David did when we met them.

"You may now be seated." The priest says before everyone takes their seats.

Nora twists her back, handing me her bouquet as we squeeze each other's hand.

She turns back to Logan, grabbing onto his hands. You can tell how they love each other, just by how they're looking at each other right now. It was pure love and adoration.

I was happy for my best friend. Of course I was. But, I wanted that. I wanted someone to worship the ground I walked on, like Logan did for Nora.

My eyes scanned the crowd on their own until my eyes met with the one person I'd been thinking about for the past two months. I suck in a sharp breath through my nose when I lock onto his bright blue eyes.

"Dearly beloved..."

I tuned the priest out, getting lost in my own world with Christian. Suddenly, all embarrassment from the other night when away. How could I be embarrassed when it seemed like he was looking into my soul. Like he could see every part of me without actually seeing it.