A Citizen's Duty//Chapter 85

Start from the beginning

Faythe nudged Usopp's shoulder, "And she'll be better with the trusty hands of our own sniper and mechanic!" She grinned, "I'm sure she's fine."

Usopp let out a sigh and ruffled her red locks with a appreciative smile, "I'm hope so."

Luffy held a hand over his eyes to block the sun, "Ah? There's something in the middle of the street!" He called out.

Conis finally spoke up, "...Eh...?" Though barely it seems.

Looking to where Luffy ran off to, He stood in front of a strange tribal like statue with interesting facial structures. It had just a long flat face with even tusks protruding out of its bottom jaw. Surrounding the statue stood a 14ft glass container to protect it.

Luffy stood next to it and was half the size of the statue, "His face is weird. What's this? Is it a fur seal?"

Sanji pressed his palm against the glass protection case and tilted his head to get a good look, "It looks like a weird mud doll, but it's probably a religious figure."

"I'm not so sure, it's probably supposed to represent something for these people..." Faythe crossed her arms. She leaned on her right leg to rest her left one.

Usopp started laughing and waving the three others off, "Stupid! This is art!! I can tell!"

Conis stepped up next to Faythe with a almost hesitant look, "That's 'Vearth.' It's the idol representing the eternal yearnings of the citizens who live in the sky."

"Called it!" Faythe laughed out.

Luffy looked over at Conis, confused, "Eh!? You guys yearn for that long? Is something wrong with you!?"

"....Huhuu...." Conis started to laugh weakly and almost fake...? Faythe shook her head at the thought, "—Hm, it's probably too hard for citizens of the Blue Sea to understand."

"Damn." Faythe commented to light insult.

Conis met eyes with the red head and quickly started to walk away, which raised a brow from the latter, "Ah.. The port is that way..."

"Eeh!? We're leaving the city already!?"

"What do you mean!? This was never our destination!" Usopp grabbed Luffy by the collar and started to drag him along.

/:/~***~/:/

Angel Island Port—

"Ooh—!!"

"Boats! Boats!"

Faythe trailed behind the group with her arms behind her back, her eyes trailing down the rows of detailed gondolas. The different shapes and designs making Faythe's eyes linger more than a minute.

Faythe suddenly felt a light tug on her wrist as Luffy dragged her towards a fancy red looking gondola with a bull like figure head.

"Wow!! Look at this gondola!! It's so cool!! Let's take this one!!"

Luffy then turned his head as his eyes caught onto another one, "Look at the back of the boat!! It can move on its own like one of those wavers!!"

Conis held up an arm to show where they're supposed to go, "Ah... Your ship is this way."

Faythe sighed and then tugged on Luffy's wrist this time. Directing him like a lost child, "C'mon Cap, our gondola is this way."

Luffy's grin widened and hurried forward dragging the poor red head along, "This is gonna be a fun gondola trip!"

Sanji started to speed walk to catch up with the two, "Dumbass! We're rescuing Nami-San and Robin-Chan, so be more serious!"

Conis led us over to the smallest gondola Faythe had ever seen, "And this is...?"