"That doesn't really answer the question," Kota was saying to Dr Green.  "Ok, so he doesn't like the Academy, but why watch out for Sang?  He wants her, doesn't he?  He wants to take her away from us again."

"Find out how long he's been watching you and if he saw the car behind you," Mr Blackbourne said and I nodded, swallowing.  I could hear the fear in Kota's voice but I heard Dr Green murmuring something to him.  I needed to talk to Kota when it was just the two of us.

Sang:  How long were you watching me for?  Did you see the car behind us?

His reply came quickly and I read it outloud.

Unknown Caller: Car? What car?  If you mean the kid who threw the MC's, they came through the backwoods, not by car.

I didn't wait for Mr Blackbourne this time I just replied and sent it without even looking up.

Sang: Coming back home we had a car behind us that got too close, overtook and then did it again.  Just after New Year, Victor was driven off the road by the same tactics.

"Sang, what did you text him?" Kota demanded and leant over Victor to see.  I heard his intake of breath.

"You can't just tell him everything!" Kota snapped and North rumbled that he agreed.

Unknown Caller: Why do you think he didn't drive you off?  

Sang: There was a police car further back behind us. ?

Unknown Caller: Yes, that would do it.  What else has happened recently?

I looked up at Mr Blackbourne, his face was completely blank and I was unable to read what he really thought.

"Ask again how long he had been watching you," he said

Sang: How long were you watching me for?

Unknown Caller: I was driving past just to make sure you were alright when I saw the goon squad leaving.  They left you alone, I stayed around.

I was whispering by the time I finished reading it out loud but they all heard me.  Once again they started to object but I didn't wait for Mr Blackbourne to tell me what to say.

Sang:  NO, they did NOT leave me alone. They are not the good squad!  Dr Green was on the sofa downstairs.  Kota, Nathan, North and Luke were just down the road.

I was shaking again, not in fear, but in anger at his words.

Unknown Caller: Perspective, Sang.  They live dangerous lives, they know what they're getting you into and they leave you with the least effective member of the team.

I was furious now and not paying any attention to what the others were doing or saying.  I punched the phone button and put it to my ear.  He answered me straight away, chuckling.