Show of Sass

Sang's POV

I was sitting curled up between Silas and Nathan watching a movie when there was the sounds of loud thumping down the stairs. Nathan and Silas were both on their feet instantly, I got up and followed them to the door.

David jumped the last two step, faltering slightly when he saw Silas.

"Jesus, gave me a fucking fright," he said. David was about the same height as Nathan, so Silas towered over him.

He spotted me and gave me a wink and without another word he was walking towards the front door, going out of it and slamming it shut behind him.

"Fucking asshole," Nathan muttered. "I do not like him." He strode forwards and locked up so that he wouldn't be able to come back in.

I looked up the stairs and then moved forwards.

"I'm just going to make sure she's alright," I said and I went up the stairs quickly. I hesitated at the top, seeing them stood at the bottom looking up. I went to her door, knocked and waited.

"David?" came a thin voice that seemed to shake slightly. I frowned, not liking that at all. I opened the door.

"No, it's me. You ok?" I asked her. She was sitting on the bed and she was wrapped in just a robe, her hair was a mess, her face turned away from me. The sheets on the bed were all over the place, her clothes thrown on the floor and I knew they had done more than just talk up here. I knew she'd been ill, but I guess she had felt well enough to have sex with him.

"I'm fine," she said and got up to cross to the chest of drawers still not looking at me. "What do you want?" she snapped.

"Just to see if you were ok, or if you were hungry yet," I said frowning.

"I'm fine, I'm going to have a shower and then go to bed," she said, her voice was hollow somehow and alarm shot through me. She gathered some night clothes from the drawers but she still didn't look at me.

"Marie?" I called her name wanting her to turn and look at me.

"Fuck off, Sang," she said and she sounded really tired.

"Is he... I mean, did he hurt you?" I asked and she just shook her head.

"No." She turned then and looked at me. "He thinks you're pretty."

I blinked, not expecting that. Her eyes were red and I could see that she had been crying.

"He wanted to know if you would be up for a twosome," she said with a bitter laugh. "I told him I don't share with you. It's bad enough I have to share living space, I am not sharing my man with you as well."

"I don't like him," I told her, taken aback by her words.

"Yeah, well, keep your claws to yourself, you already have seven guys, keep away from mine."

"I don't like him at all!" I told her. She wiped at her face and came towards me.

"Yeah, but he knows you're a slut, so he thought you'd be alright with it."

"I'm not a slut, Marie. What did you tell him?" I asked her, starting to feel sick.

"That you date several different guys at the same time," she shrugged. "I don't know if you're fucking them, I don't really care, just don't include him and we'll be fine. He got angry because I refused to ask you to join in next time, and it's all your fault. Don't flirt around him again."

"Marie, I do NOT like him at all, let alone like that. I did not flirt! I would never do that to you," I insisted, I felt betrayed that she had told him about me and making it sound so immoral. I really should know better, but it still hurt. I was angry with her as well.