Brinley walks over, sitting on the edge of the bed with Charlie. She wipes her eyes, before she leans over, placing her hand on my knee, causing it to stop bouncing.

Brinley turns to Charlie and strokes the top of her head. "It worked. You beat cancer, cutie." She finally says as a sigh of relief exits my mouth and I feel tears in my own eyes. "You're not sick anymore, Charlie." She says, looking down at her as more tears fell.

"I'm not?" Charlie asks quietly, looking up at Brinley with big eyes.

"You're not."

"I'm gonna get my hair back?!" She asks excitedly.

"Yes, you are! It's gonna be long and beautiful. You're gonna look just like a princess!" She says and Charlie looks at me.

"I'm gonna look like a princess again?!" She asks excitedly as I nod, a couple of tears falling out of my eyes. She jumps forward, wrapping her arms around my neck.

I wrap my arms tightly around her, wiping my eyes with one hand. I savor this moment. Squeezing my little girl as tight as I can.

After a couple of minutes she pulls away from me and climbs back onto the bed. She wraps her arms around Brinley's neck, causing Brinley to cry harder.

"Don't cry Brinley. I'm gonna be a princess!" She says, wiping her hand across Brinley's face.

Brinley laughs threw her tears, running her hand over Charlie's head. "You're gonna be my favorite princess."

"Really?" Charlie asks, her eyes lighting up.

"Of course."

Charlie wraps her arms around Brinley's neck again. "I love you Brinley." She says, making my heart pound against my chest.

Charlie is attached.

"I love you too, cutie." Brinley replies.

Brinley is attached.

"Do you want to ring the bell?" Brinley asks.

I am attached.

"Finally!" Charlie says, jumping off of the bed.

"Let's get you dressed first, Sis." I say and she gives me a thumbs up.

Brinley walks out of the room as I change Charlie out of the hospital gown and into her clothes. She had on a little pair of jeans with a pink, glittery sweatshirt and a Carhartt beanie since it was cold enough to be snowing outside.

"You ready?" I ask and she nods.

"Can we go to lunch, with Brinley?" She asks as I take her hand in mine, throwing her backpack over my shoulder.

"We can ask." I say and she smiles.

We make our way out and there's already a bunch of nurses and doctors waiting. Charlie let's go of my hand, and starts walking down the hallway. Giving every nurse, doctor, or patient a high five, a giant smile on her face.

She gets to the end where Dr. Simmons and Dr. Bennett are and they both kneel down and hug her before she turns to Nora and Brinley. They both give her hugs before she turns to me.

I pick her up, walking over to the large bell. She reaches her hand over, and pulls on the rope. The bell swings back and forth as it rings. The loud sound echoing through my ears.

She looks back at me, a grin on her face as a tear falls from my eye. Everyone behind us cheers and claps.

"You can say it." I say and she grins. She wiggles and I set her down.

She turns around and flicks up both her middle fingers. "Fuck you Cancer!" She yells and everyone laughs and cheers.

Brinley comes walking over and Charlie reaches for her. "Brinley, can you come to lunch with us?" Charlie asks.

"I can't do lunch today, I'm sorry Cutie."

"No that's okay, you can come. You'll be okay." Charlie says, patting the top of Brinley's head.

"Sorry. That's her new thing, when she gets told no." I say and Brinley laughs.

"I have to work. Can you do tomorrow?" She asks, looking at me.

"Yeah, we don't have anything." I say and she nods.

"We'll do lunch tomorrow." She says and Charlie nods.

"Okay! Nora, you can come too!" She says.

"Maybe you should ask me first." I say and she grins.

I didn't care. But, that's not the point. She can't just invite anyone she wants whenever. This kid is a hot mess.

"Can Nora come?"

"Of course." I say and she smiles.

"Nora, you can come." She says, poking Nora's arm.

Nora grins, "Sounds good. I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Okay, I have to get back to work but, I'll see you tomorrow okay?"

"Okay. Bye Brinley." Charlie says, kissing Brinley on the cheek.

Brinley's mouth gapes open in awe.

"Bye Cutie."

Word Count: 1,252

I definitely cried writing this chapter.

Vote and Comment if you liked the chapter!