"Understood." I breathed. "Same goes for you. You are mine." I spoke with the same amount of intensity. If he's going to be possessive then so will I.

His lip quirked up at my tone.

"I'm yours."

His lips met mine as if we just sealed a deal. Before the kiss turned into something more I pulled back with a smile.

"Okay let's do this."

"We'll just act normal and see if they say something. Maybe the idiot didn't say anything."

"You've met Mateo right?" I laughed. I was hundred precent sure he has already told everyone.

Pecking my lips once more Trevor gently picked me up and sat me on my feet. Giving me an encouraging smile he opened the door. Taking a deep breath the two of us left the confines of the bathroom and headed back towards the kitchen.

I could hear everyone talking in the kitchen as we got close. Okay here we go. Bracing myself for the questions to be thrown at us, Trevor and I slipped into the kitchen.

Everyone was standing around the counter talking with Sydni and Bryton that now showed up. No one seemed to notice the two of us which I took as a good sign. Acting normal like Trevor suggested I moved to stand beside Josie while Trevor went over to Bryton.

"I would love it if you were one of my bridesmaids." I caught the end of what Josie was saying.

"Of course!" Sydni squealed, pulling Josie isn't a tight hug. "We gotta start planning the bachelorette party!"

I laughed along with Josie, loving that was the first thing Sydni thought of. As the two of them kept talking I looked around to see if anyone was acting different but found everyone was busy talking to one another. None of them to have noticed Trevor and I were gone.

I caught Trevor's eye and sent him a questioning look. What the hell. Maybe Mateo didn't tell everyone. Trevor just shrugged in response, clearly surprised as I was. I wasn't going to question it though. If he hasn't told anyone then Trevor and I can tell everyone on our own.

Slowly all of us started filtering out to the backyard, ready to get the BBQ started. Seeing a cooler filled with drinks by the table I made my way over, desperately needing a drink. Reaching to grab a beer a hand nudged mine. I looked over finding Mateo grabbing his own beer.

"What?" Seeing my look he shot me an innocent grin.

"You're only 18." I reminded him. I had nothing against him drinking but I'm pretty sure Evelyn would skin him alive if she caught him with a beer. If Wyatt or Landon didn't do it first.

"I'm in University student babe." Mateo popped off the bottle with a twist of his wrist. Clearly not his first time opening a beer. "Want to be with a real man?"

The smirk on his face made me grin. I couldn't deny that Mateo was good looking. He definitely had the Boone gene. Strong jaw, high cheek bones, sandy blond hair that he's cut shorter which made his face seem thinner than the last I saw him. And those blue eyes drew you in immediately. If I was his age I would no doubt have a huge crush on him.

"You think you can handle a woman like me?" I leaned my hip against the table, sending him a teasing smirk.

"Oh I can treat you real nice. I've been told I make a great boyfriend."

"You know your mom's opinion doesn't count right?"

"I'm a momma's boy what can I say. She taught me to treat women the right way."

"Did she?" As I leaned towards him he nodded, his eyes widening a fraction. "That's a quality I look for in a man." I batted my eyelashes at him. Knowing exactly how to hook him in.