Chapter 26 - Zero Toleration For Zaicim Sadness

Start from the beginning

~~~~~

Zaicim sat on the stone railings as you both waited for Aether by the church. The benches were right thete, but why not be edgy? You were sitted beside him on the railing as well. Zaicim put his hand on your head and began petting you, gently stroking your fur from your head to yoir back. Suddenly, ypu saw him make the smug face when you heard a random humming noise. "Why are you staring at me like that?" Your confusion only grew even further wjen he didn't say anything. "I have never, in my entire life heard you purr." Your eyes widened at the realization that you were succumbing to the cat. "Meow meow motherfu-"

"Hey Zaicim, Dainsleif said he didn't wanna come in the church. Let's go inside and ask Barbara what she knows!" Paimon said as your purring instantly stopped. You looked at Zaicim with an instense look. 'Don't you dare snitch.' You thought as Aether walked over to the door. "Mm, ok." He said as he gestured for you to climb up to his shoulder. You jumped up and sat on his shoulder and he began to walk towards the door.

You walked into the church and made your way to Barbara, who was standing near one of the pillars. "Hi honorary knight! How have you and y/n been? Do you need anything today?" She asked when you walked ip towards her. "Ah, but I should first make it clear that if you want to borrow the holy lyre ser himmel again, we cannot oblige." Barbara said as you began to lay down against Zaicim's hair. The man was even floofier than Albedo, you've experienced using both their heads as pillows and you could say with confidence Zaicim was floofier. Or maybe they had the same levels of floof and this was just favoritism.

Paimon began to ask Barbara anout field tillers. She had nothin, so she began to tell about the story about the tyrant's final fury. The story was about a time when people who went near old mondstadt got hit with balls of fire from the sky for a year. The people thought it was the vengeful spirit of the old god who used to rule over mondstadt, Decarabian, god of storms. "It's not necessarily related to the tyrant." Aether said after Barbara finished the story. "Right! Later, the theory became less of a problem in the church's eyes. Common reasoning ondicated that the god of storms wouldn't shoot fireballs. Perhaps it was something else that caused the disaster..." Barbara said. "Anyway, this incident might not be related to the lost statue of the seven, but I can't think of any other events that might be." She explained.

"It's okay. Thanks anyway!" Paimon said happily. "Theres that pointless word thank you again. I can never get used to hearing it." You didn't have to look to know it was Rosaria. You knew her voice, and your hearing seemed to get better the longer you lived in the body of a cat. "Oh, Rosaria. It's you." Barbara said slightly surprised. "Of you're looking for the knights of favonious, they're dealing with those monsters again." She explained. "Those monsters." Barbara asked as she looked up at Rosaria. "Those monsters that tried to attack stormterror last time, during the stormterror incident." She said. "Wasn't that the abyss order? They're at it again?!" Paimon asked distressed.

"Indeed. They're gathering in wolvendom, causing unease amongst the wolves. Could it be... that the abyss order is targeting the spirit of lupas boreas? As for what reason, I can't say for certain. Master jean has already headed off to wolvendom. I must also begin to make a move myself." Rosaria explained. "Th-then I will go as well!" Barbara said. "Master Jean said you should stay at the church and continue your work with the clergy." Rosaria said. "B-but, you're also a member of the clergy..." Barbara said. "Don't worry, we'll go help as well." Aether said. "We?" You and Zaicim both said. "Yes. We." Aether said as he looked at you and Zaicim. "Right, we'll go give master Jean a hand!" Paimon said. "Oh... okay. If the honorary knight and his adventure team will be there then... But please everyone, be careful. May the anemo archon protect you all." She said while Rosaria left.

You made your way back to Dain outside. You all met back with Dain outside and Aether explained the situation to him. "I see... has the abyss order already launched a new operation? This could very well have something to do with he defiled statue. We should go as well." Dainsleif said after Aether told him what you found out. "But what is the abyss order going to wolvendom for anyway? Are they going to do the same as they did with Dvalin? Aaaahh! Not again!" Paimon complained. "No, that's not likely. Unlike Osial, who was just supressed, Andrius died long ago. Today, it is just his spirit that stands guard over wolvendom. The abyss herald may just be targeting the spirit of Andrius in an attempt to garner some information from one the the anemo archon's old companions." He explained.