XXVI.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act iii !

— 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐒 glared at each other in contempt, as they caged Willow in from either side

"How dare you put your hands on her, you pale-faced bloodsucking fucker!" Paul shouted, rage taking over his entire body.

"I would never hurt her, so calm down, Paul! You know what could happen..." His eyes lingered on the Quileute boy's shaking fists, before trailing to Willow's face, and Paul instantly understood the sick implication.

Just the idea of Paul hurting his imprint the way Sam had hurt Emily was practically enough to get him to phase once more. The only thing that stopped him was the lack of distance between him and the brunette girl. He could never hurt Willow.

Never her.

Edward's eyes snapped back to the shaking boy at the turn of his thoughts, and Paul took several steps back from where Willow stood. When she tried to follow him, he stuck his hand out to act as a barrier.

"Don't. I'm not fully in control...I could hurt you." He tried to speak calmly, taking deep breaths periodically in an attempt to regain his bearings faster.

Willow turned to look at the bronze-haired boy. "I think you should go, Ed."

The aforementioned boy's eyes widened. "Like hell, am I gonna leave you here alone with him right now!"

The Sinclair girl made to protest, but Edward — seeing what she was going to do, cut her off. "He said it himself! He's not in control and he could hurt you, Lola! Sam did it to Emily, and he could do it to you."

And at that moment, it was like everything else had disappeared. Her surroundings suddenly became muffled as rage overtook her, completely erasing all rationality from her mind.

"Fuck you, Edward. Seriously. Paul would never hurt me, and the fact that you would even dare bring Sam and Emily's trauma into this just to hurt him says so much about you."

She turned to look at Paul, who had managed to calm himself down a little and smiled sadly. "Let's go. Talking to him was a mistake."

— 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖'𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 definitely to be attested for — as she was so caught up in it, that she couldn't even find herself admiring the nature surrounding her as Paul sped through the forest.

All she wanted to do was go home and curl up in the safety of Paul's strong arms. Just the thought of it eased her heavy heart, and she tried to focus on that little bit of happiness instead of the looming memory of what had just happened with Edward.

But alas, fate loved messing with Willow it seemed — because the blurring greenery of her surroundings suddenly became clear once more, as she clung onto Paul with all her strength.

She didn't even need to ask why he stopped, because the sound of two howls piercing the crisp air suddenly reached her ears, effectively raising the hairs on the back of her neck. They were coming from two completely different areas — practically the opposite sides of the forest if she guessed correctly, which only added to Willow's unease.

"Why the hell is the pack so far separated already when they all left together? And why do I get the feeling those howls mean two completely different things?" The brunette spoke aloud, despite knowing she couldn't and wouldn't get an answer.

Paul simply shook his fluffy head as if to say he'd answer her questions later before suddenly kicking back into full speed.

All thoughts of having Paul to herself for the rest of the day were completely wiped from her mind.

Whatever was happening, Willow knew the day was far from being over.