XI.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act ii !

— 𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐀𝐍𝐃 Paul neared a grocery store in Forks, she asked him to make a stop

The Quileute boy looked over at her in confusion. "Did you need something from the store?"

The brunette only nodded, her face filled with seriousness. "I'm gonna buy garlic."

Paul raised a brow. "You know that myth about vampires isn't real, right?"

He got a shrug in response. "Yeah, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't do something like that."

Paul only shook his head, a small smile on his face, as he watched her go into the store.

"What an interesting imprint, I have."

— 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐄𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃 the door, Willow was sure that it was one of the only times she would ever see Edward Cullen express surprise.

But then again, she figured the sight of his best friend holding up a bunch of garlic, smiling like nothing was unusual, and standing next to a werewolf with a temper probably wasn't something he would ever expect to see.

"Hi!" Willow greeted him.

"Um...hello." He slowly opened the door wider. "Come in?"

— 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐇𝐄𝐑 time looking each member of the coven in their eyes.

She noticed the way they all seemed a bit nervous now that she knew what they were and wondered why.

"You guys know I'd never say anything, right?" She asked carefully, to which they all nodded.

She tilted her head in even more confusion. "Then why do you still look so scared of my awareness?"

"It's because we care about what you think of us, Lola," Edward spoke softly, reaching out to place a hand on her shoulder.

Paul shifted uncomfortably on the couch at the gesture, and Edward smirked.

Willow caught the action and narrowed her eyes. "And about that — you can read minds!? Have you been reading my mind the entire time we've been friends?"

Now Paul smirked, as Edward froze. "Well you see...I-I can't really help it, Lola. I-"

He cut himself off when his face was suddenly hit with something, and his nose was filled with the smell of garlic.

When he removed it from his face, he turned to see a now pouting Willow with her arms crossed, glaring at him. The sight was more adorable than intimidating — but he would never tell her that.

"Did you just throw garlic at me?"

"I did."

Edward was very much caught off guard by the action, and Willow was very much proud of the reaction she was able to get from him. Two times in a row she's caught Edward off guard — in one day, no less.

"Why did you do that?"

"Why don't you just read my mind and get your answer?" She snarked, though her retort had no real bite.

Silence.

Then —

"Lola! I can't say that out loud!"

She only smirked.

"Jesus. Just — keep the garlic at least six feet away from me."

— 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 Paul drove her back home, Willow was content with how her day had gone.

Things between her and the Cullens had quickly gone back to normal, and Paul had — reluctantly — got to know the family as well.

In the process, he and Willow had been able to get a little closer, and neither party could find a fault in that.

As Willow hopped out of his truck, she turned back to look at him and smiled. "I had a great time, Paul."

He returned the smile. "Me too. And I'd really like it if you'd let me take you out sometime?" His smile turned a bit nervous, and Willow blushed.

"Yeah. I'd like that a lot."

And when Paul left after waiting for her to get into the house, Willow smiled to herself.

Then Briar had walked out of the kitchen and smirked at her, which made Willow roll her eyes in playful annoyance. "Don't even say anything."

"My mouth is shut." She held her hands up in surrender.

"Thank you."

"For now."

"Briar!"