XII.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act ii !

— 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 to get used to Embry and Paul bombarding her at her locker in the mornings, and she couldn't decide whether it was a good thing or not

She enjoyed spending time with her boys, but their loud ruckus naturally drew attention — which always made Willow feel like everyone was staring at her and judging her. It made her clam up and act awkwardly before she'd eventually warm up after a few minutes.

Paul and Embry were used to it by now, but Willow felt bad that she always acted a bit prickly upon first greeting. Luckily, her confidence was building up more and more each day — and she knew that one day soon she wouldn't feel awkward at all.

She was switching out her books for her first period of the day when she heard two sets of loud footsteps rushing toward her.

When she closed her locker door, she was greeted with the sight of Embry looking like an excited puppy, and Paul honestly not too far off.

She laughed, wondering what could possibly make her boys so happy at seven in the morning. "What trouble did you two cause now?" She asked in a mockingly stern voice.

Embry looked offended, while Paul only smirked.

"We didn't do anything!"

"We filled Mr.Boshard's car with a bunch of fake spiders and snakes."

They both exclaimed at the same time, before looking at each other in surprise.

"Why would you say that!?" They both exclaimed.

"Stop repeating what I say!" They once again spoke in unison, which made them both snap their heads to the now giggling brunette.

"Willow!" Their tones came out slightly whiny, and she smirked in amusement as she crossed her arms.

"Now now boys...behave." She cooed. "And tell me what's actually got the two of you so excited?"

Paul smiled, "We wanted to know how you'd feel meeting the rest of the pack."

Embry nodded in agreement and continued. "They've been excited to meet you for a while now and we really wanna introduce you to each other."

Willow smiled nervously. "They don't...you know — hate me for being friendly with the Cullens, right?" She asked, fiddling with her fingers.

Paul's face suddenly darkened. "If they dare say something rude to you about your choice of friends, or anything that has to do with you — I'll make sure they can't say anything to anyone permanently."

Embry's eyes widened in shock, before smiling and shrugging at Willow — who was mirroring his expression. "It's the imprint bond. Paul is already a very naturally overprotective person, and the bond just amplifies it. Excuse him, Willa-bear."

She nodded and laughed a little, as Paul took a step closer to her so that their arms were now grazing each other. At the contact, they both began to relax.

She sighed good-naturedly, "Yeah, okay. I'll meet them."

— 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒 to meet the pack for the first time — though she was glad to hear that there wasn't much of them as of right now.

When she had gotten out of Paul's truck — to which he'd insisted on opening the door for her, Embry had immediately rushed out to greet her.

With her two boys on either side of her — Willow felt much more comfortable walking into the house.

The first thing she took notice of was how cozy the home was. All warm colors, and sounds of nature and chatter surrounding them.

The next thing was how comfortable Paul and Embry were, given the way they easily slid into their seats and began joking with each other.

Which lead her to the next thing — which was Jared Cameron and his girlfriend — imprint; Kim. They were both giggling with each other in their own couple's bliss, but Willow couldn't help but be drawn back to the memory of Embry leaving her behind to catch up with Jared.

As the giggling suddenly ceased and everything seemed to go quiet, Willow shook herself out of her daze. She tried to push the negative thoughts away and stuck her hand out for Kim and Jared to shake.

"Hello! It's nice to meet you guys, I'm Willow." She smiled.

The couple returned the smile as they took turns shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you, Willow. I'm Kim, Jared's imprint."

"And I'm Jared." The Quileute boy waved, a goofy smile splayed atop his face.

Before she could respond, she heard footsteps coming from behind her and turned around.

She locked eyes with a man who seemed to be a few years older than her and the others at the table and smiled. "Hi, I'm Willow." And once again stuck her hand out.

"Sam." He returned the gesture and moved to sit down next to Embry. And then a woman walked out of the kitchen with a plate of muffins.

And even though she felt tired of doing the same thing — she smiled. "Hi! I'm-"

"Willow." The woman finished for her. "The vampire girl. I'm Emily."

And Willow stopped herself from smiling sarcastically. "Wouldn't that be Bella Swan? The one who used to date a vampire?" She asked lightly.

And Emily laughed, "Suppose you're right. But they're not together anymore, are they? So that leaves you, the friendly human cohorting with the leeches."

"Emily, enough." Paul suddenly spoke, finality in his tone.

"Watch your tone." Sam suddenly spoke, and Paul snapped his head to his alpha.

"No, you tell your imprint to watch hers. The comments were unnecessary." He sneered.

The room went tense with a thick silence, as everyone avoided looking at the two wolves now in an intense staring battle.

After a few more moments of no one saying anything, Willow finally broke the silence.

"Relax! It's not that big of a deal, guys. Let's just — try and enjoy ourselves, yeah?" And with that being said, everyone seemed to return to normal, albeit with a bit more awkwardness.

Willow sighed quietly — though she figured the wolves probably heard her anyways before she took a seat next to Paul.

What an interesting way to meet the pack.