V.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act i !

— 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃 to find herself adjusting to a new routine so easily

She thought it would take more time for her to get used to hanging out with Edward rather than Embry — especially because Edward lived in Forks, and she lived on the reservation. But location never deterred the two of them from spending time together.

Ever since the incident, Willow hadn't felt safe driving. Just the idea made her breath quicken and the sound of her racing heartbeat take over until the only thing she could hear was the thud thud thud of the blood pumping through her veins.

So despite having her permit, she refused to drive. But after meeting Edward, she'd gotten into the habit of catching a ride with either her older cousin Briar to the border of the reservation — where Edward would come and pick her up, or with her Uncle Brian into Forks as he made his way to work.

She was with her uncle this time around.

The thing she loved about her uncle, was that he was the exact opposite of her aunt.

Deep down, Willow knew — or at least hoped, that Briony acted the way she did with Willow out of guilt. Up until the accident, she had never known about her aunt.

Anytime she'd ask her dad if he had any siblings; he'd get a look in his eyes full of sadness, and he'd tell her that he had a half-sister — but that there was a complicated and messy history that divided them a long time before Willow had ever been born.

So when she found out she'd be moving to Washington to live with said aunt, she hadn't thought she would find herself in the care of a loving home. At least not loving towards her, anyways. But she had been wrong. Briony and Brian welcomed her with open arms, and their children — Brady and Briar were also very understanding and kind.

Her aunt had told her that family was always welcomed in their home, but Willow thought that that was her one fatal flaw.

The guilt of not being around made Briony eager to make Willow feel at home. So at home that she refused to draw the line at the fact that Willow was fully white, while Briony was only half.

The woman's Native American heritage separated her from Willow just as it separated the teen from everyone else in La Push. The children laughed and sneered, the adults stared and whispered, and Briony and Willow argued. But the former always won.

No matter what.

Brian wasn't like his wife. Also being half white and having grown up closer to that side of his family before moving to La Push, he understood that Willow needed to be with people who made her feel welcomed. If he also felt like something was off with her attending the tribal school, well — "Stay out of this, Brian. I'm her aunt. This isn't your place to speak on it."

So he did what he could when he could for Willow, and she appreciated him so much for it. Felt a fondness in her heart that was similar to the way she felt when she thought of her parents.

Him, Brady, and Briar made La Push a little more bearable when things were tough.

So she jumped on the chance to bond with him while also catching a ride to see Edward. Killing two birds with one stone, they would call it.

"Have a good day, kiddo! See you at home."

And as she waved goodbye to her uncle and wished him a good night at work after he dropped her off, Willow smiled to herself.

Things were finally starting to look up, it seemed.

— 𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 after Willow had seated herself in a booth, she looked up to find Edward making his way toward her with a smile.

The grin she shot back at him seemed to light the room up — Edward thought to himself, and before Willow could even give him a proper greeting; he was talking.

"I want you to meet my family."

The napkin she had been fiddling with gently slipped out of her hands and onto the table, as her eyes widened.

"What are you thinking?" Edward whispered, never breaking the eye contact.

"I'm thinking I've only known you for a few weeks now, and you're crazy." She replied, and he raised a perfectly shaped brow. "But...?"

"But I must be just as crazy because I'm down." She crossed her arms and leaned forward against the table.

"When and where?"