My hyung was sitting in front of the full-length window, staring coldly at me. His wrist rested on his knee and his eyes were crawling with blood vessels. Half a cigarette lay clasped between his fingers, and the ashtray in front of him was piled high with cigarette butts. I thought I saw a decadent demon knock into the window frame. My knees went weak and I knelt down.

I crawled towards him without the slightest bit of self-respect. In front of my angry hyung, I didn't have the slightest bit of backbone and dignity, partly because I was afraid of him, and partly because I loved him. We had never had fights that lasted overnight before. My hyung had never been this angry before either. I admitted my mistakes to him, but he remained unmoved.

My hyung indeed held my current actions in contempt. He grabbed my collar to pull me up, scrutinising me imposingly.

He first checked my body, flipping up my sleeves as he interrogated me, Did you get burnt yesterday? I shook my head.

Not at all, because the boiled water had all splashed on his hand.

The heavy curtains made the lighting in the room very dim. My hyung pulled them open. The light hit my body, giving me nowhere to hide.

My hyung's gaze abruptly stopped on my neck. He stared at it for about ten seconds. I saw with my own eyes how his eyes gradually filled with blood, his gaze turning from cold to uncontrollably furious. He toppled me over like a crazed wild wolf and used his red and swollen ointment-covered left hand to forcefully lift my chin, his gaze fixed firmly on my neck.

I hadn't even processed what was going on when he lifted me by the collar and gave me two sharp slaps, thundering, "TAEHYUNG! YOU WANT ME TO DIE, DON'T YOU----?!"

My cheeks burned in pain and my vision went black for a few seconds. He hit even harder than he had the previous night. I didn't understand why he was hitting me again either. When my hyung hit people, it really hurt. With just one hand, he could hit me until I couldn't stand up or fight back.

Of course, I didn't want to fight back either. There was a moment when I thought to myself that it would be great if my hyung beat me to death. On the day of my death, all of my diseases would be cured. From then on, I would become normal and healthy, keeping watch over my hyung from another world and looking forward to him coming to find me a few decades later with an old and ugly face. I wouldn't dislike him; I'd hold his hand.

My blank expression could have made my hyung even angrier. He dragged me to face the mirror, pulling my arms so hard that my joints crackled. He aggressively lifted my head, letting me give my revolting self a good look.

There was a pitiful worm in the mirror, the fingerprints on its cheek distinct. I was astonished to see two exceptionally obvious marks of being strangled on my neck.

I explained to my hyung that last night, there had been someone who wanted to strangle me to death.

"Who? Say it, WHO?!" My hyung forcefully flung my body against the wall. My internal organs were about to be smashed into pieces, pulsing with a dull ache from within my skeleton.

My hyung demanded to know who it was who wanted to strangle me to death. I did my best to recall. Only after a while did I then faintly remember that it was myself.

It was scientifically proven that humans couldn't strangle themselves to death. I had used a lot of strength, but I kept failing. In the end, it developed into me self-harming my neck. Love bites and strangulation marks were both bruises formed from blood rushing into the skin, but love bites were far more romantic. However, at their core, they were the same; they both stemmed from a sort of insane, otherworldly love.