1. A little bit of history

Jungkook still remembered everything since day 1

It all started when he was 6.

In all logic, he should be in 1st grade and make new friends for his 1st day of school. He doesn't even remember what exactly happened to him but the school board decided to move him 4 grades up and landed him in 5th grade, where everyone was already 10.

He didn't exactly know why. All he knew was that he started reading and talking much earlier than other kids his age and after the 2 first weeks of entering preschool, he learned how to write easily. Intrigued, the kindergarten teachers had given him some basic math and explained to him how to solve a problem. After a few tries he got everything correctly. Apparently that made him a genius.

And so the school decided to make him skip 4 grades and landed him in the worst class possible. Min Yoongi's class.

That was such a long while ago.

If he's going to be honest, everyone else there was decent. Namjoon was pretty nice and some of the girls liked doting on him. He would've had a good 1st year of school experience if it weren't for Yoongi.

It probably started when due to his small size and bad physical condition, Yoongi lost a basketball match because they were teammates and the 6 year old was a weak link within the team. Jungkook couldn't even catch a ball. He was smaller and weaker than the 10 years olds. Yoongi then stated bitterly behind the teacher's back that he was so weak and tiny he'd be an omega later.

His childhood ghost was one of the most athletic guys in class at that time and everyone in the grade was his friend. He didn't like playing with younger kids. Whenever on the playground he'd say that the slow things always get in the way of everything and that they were stupid idiots. And Jungkook was the kid he hated the most.

It was all bearable until the 10 year old actually pushed him against a wall and told him to not play with their class anymore. Sit the PE classe out, or he'll kill him later.

Jungkook was deadly frightened back then but looking back now, he can't help but find the memory hilarious. Even Yoongi certainly wasn't going to kill anybody. They were empty threats made by a kid. But still, his punches and shoves were powerful and Jungkook did have trouble sleeping at night because of a few bruises flaring up once every while.

Jungkook's parents never cared when their son came home with scratches and bruises. They never actually checked if he ate his lunch at school nor did they ever really took interest in his studies.

They only cared about Jin. Their handsome 1st son Jin. 5 years older than Jungkook, Jin was their parents' favorite. And they only cared about him, his wellbeing and his education.

But luckily for the kid, Jin actually cared for Jungkook. Whenever their parents' got into a fury and hit his younger brother, Jin would always come in his room and comfort him later, bringing bandaids or whatever with him. He liked waking up at 5am just so Jungkook could have a good breakfast and everything. He liked playing chef for his brother's sake.

It's been a while since Jungkook and Jin saw one another but Jungkook always knew Jin wanted him to get out of the house, escape hell and live a good life.

Well he did.
But before that, it was long and torturous. Somehow, nobody knows how, but in the 6 years of school he had before his parents sold him, Jungkook managed to find himself each and every single year in one of Yoongi's classes. And boy did that irritate the other boy.

As a college boy, Yoongi had much less surveillance than he did back in primary school and much more liberty, and so whenever he got the chance to, he would push Jungkook around, draw disgusting things into his agenda, mark L-O-S-E-R on his chair, post ruined photos of him on the internet, make fun of him in front of the public...etc. He was so strong back then. Or maybe Jungkook was much too weak. He could only curse the older mentally in his head and hide his hatred towards him, much too afraid to do anything.

He still remembered his bully to be an active teenager yet also a lazy one depending on the day. His academic grades weren't phenomenal like Jungkook's but they were okay. He didn't like doing his homework but would still do it last minute in the hallway if he had to. There were many things he'd remember of Min Yoongi. His rap for one, was incredibly fast and impressive even to someone who hated him as much as Jungkook did. Sad thing about Yoongi's talent was that his favorite theme and lyricism was about how much Jungkook sucked and is probably going to have a cock up his hole very soon.

He was 12 when his parents told him he'd go live somewhere else and never see them again. He was at first shocked, learning he'd change cities as well. At first he panicked, unprepared and afraid, but Jin told him to get through it and explained to him what he was to do.

Jin made it sound simple. Go replace some dead kid and live as a replacement. Jungkook disagreed mightily at first but after having met the new family, who were still mourning their dead son and were ready to take him in, he changed his mind. They were decent folks and they actually wanted him, which is already an improvement compared to his original family. Plus, he'd be able to get away from the school and Yoongi. And so the very next week, he packed his bags and moved from Busan to Seoul with a new family after having said goodbye to Jin and Namjoon, whom he saw as a mentor-like older friend.

He left behind the couple who detested him and the bully who made everything 100 times worse. It was a good deal.

He only kept Jin's number, and the second the Jeons gifted him his very own phone, he contacted his brother and made sure they kept in touch, congratulating him on his way for presenting as an omega. He knew Jin was sad to see him go but also very relieved to see him get out of his situation.

The young teen then left everything behind and devoted himself into filling the hole that was left behind the Jeon's original son's death as an act of gratefulness to them.

He took his place at a new private school in a grade with people same aged as him where he met Jimin and Taehyung, a pair of childhood friends who accepted him warmly into their circle. Two years after he moved out, Jin called him to tell him his bully recently presented.

Convinced that Yoongi became an Alpha, Jungkook told Jin he wanted to hear none of it.

Eventually Jungkook also became an Alpha. Living far from his abusive home, he had the chance to develop normally and become a normal kid. He aced every class, even PE, and developed a liking in all kinds of sports. When he finally presented as Alpha, there was a sense of triumph within him, a sense of accomplishment, that despite all what his former bulky had said before, he became an Alpha.

Jin sometimes would call again, asking if Jungkook was sure he didn't want Jin to reveal anything about Yoongi. Each time the younger declined the offer as he was set on moving on and leaving everything behind.

Now he realizes his mistake as he held the hands of a crying Hwang Hyunjin, who claims to be his former bully's 9 year old child whom he and Taehyung just fished out of the water before he and his twin sister drowned.