[007]: monkey brains

Start from the beginning

"i hadn't heard from him in days, so i stopped by his lab. the place was a mess and he was gone, i fear the worst." explained the man sounding desperate.

the interviewer was about to continue with his question but april made him stop by closing her computer as leo and you looked at each other confused.

"so?" he asked for the both of you.

"so the kraang have been kidnapping scientists from all over the city, including my dad! maybe that's what happened to this rockwell guy." she said trying to convince all of you.

"or they may not be connected at all." replied the leader making you tilt your head in approval.

"there's only one way to find out. we should go to that lab and look around." you groaned as she finished her phrase believing she wanted to drag you in some pointless mission again.

"april's right. we should go check it out. what's that? you guys are busy? guess it's just the two of us, april." donatello didn't gave you any time to thank him as he was already dragging april out making you relax down on her seat.

you put your legs on the table in front of you and your arms behind your head as leo talked.

"i bet that wasn't on his flowchart." he started only to be contradicted by you.

"there is" you replayed with a smirk.

he didn't believe you moving to the board to take a good look at it, what he didn't know was that donnie had already showed it to you a lot of times spending his time explaining every single on of his plan and making your head explode.

"it is! that is spooky."

"just a little bit" you responded with a smile.

"so what's up with the smile?" asked raphael from his place on your right.

"my smile?" you repeated confused.

"yeah, i tell you that donnie acts like a stolker and you smile?" continued leo walking near the desk.

"well donnie might act like a stocker but that stalker took me out from another pointless mission." you explained still with the same expression not moving from your place.

the guys hummed in agreement before they all got around the desk looking at you.

"what?" you groaned putting your feet and arms down.

"what's your deal with her?" asked mickey like he was doing an interview.

"i don't have a 'deal' with her; she can't stand me and i can't stand her, simple." you replayed rolling your eyes.

"alright, but why?" kept going leo.

"you don't wanna know" you murmured loud enough only for you to hear.

"what was that?" mickey voice made you think about you reasons before you replayed with an higher tone.

"i don't trust her and her mind, she acts strange with donnie, and she looks at me like she wants me to disappear" you responded before getting up and walking away.

"wait [name], we didn't meant to-" started to say leonardo only to be stopped by raphael's hand on his shoulder.

he hadn't talked the whole time just looking at the way you moved and acted at the different question, trying to read your body language.

he knew those where some of the reason but it felt weird to him that after all this time you still couldn't trust the girl.

some hours passed and you found yourself forgetting about the awkward situation.