ǝǝɹɥʇ-ʎʇɹoɟ

Start bij het begin

"Hey, I'm not complaining." The other boy in the Hellfire Club shirt says. "I do not wanna go down there..." While Steve pulled off his jumper, revealing an oddly hairy chest, I grimaced and glanced away.

"Steve, I don't wanna see that..." I muttered over to the boy, now looking over at what Eddie was doing. Now, who just carries a carrier bag in his pocket?

"Then don't look." Steve replied back to me. Thanks, Steve, but you make it quite difficult to do with your dramatics.

Meanwhile, Eddie continued to wrap the bag around a flashlight, wrapping a few rubber bands around it to help stop water getting to the light. "Hey," Eddie began, holding his little invention out to the hairy chested boy. "Good luck."

Steve then nodded. "Thanks." Steve then threw his yellow sweater over at Eddie, and I raised an eyebrow teasingly over at Robin, hoping she'd get what I was getting at, here. Well, to say my gaydar was going off on this boat, was an understatement.

And as Eddie then went to go and light a cigarette in his mouth, Robin reached out, taking it from his mouth and flinging it behind her into the water. "Gross." She tells him blandly.

Steve was finally mentally prepared to dive, and just as he went to dive, Nancy then called him. "Steve?" All eyes were on the two of them. "Be careful." The boy then only nodded, turning back and finally, after what felt like forever to get him to do so, diving into the cold lake.

The boat moved around in the water for a moment as we all waited to see some signs of Steve Harrington life again. Meanwhile, Nancy kept an eye on the time with her little watch.

"Nancy?" I asked from the side of the boat, keeping an eye out for Harrington. "time?"

"We're closing in on a minute." The girl replied to me.

I could feel Robin beginning to become more and more nervous as this minute went on. "Okay..." The tall girl beside me let out a shaky breath as she glanced down at the water by the boat. Sure, I mean, I've been underwater for more than a minute, it's fine. He's fine...

The boat continued to bop, side to side when Eddie cleared his throat. When turning my head to look over at him, expecting something to then be said by him, I was jump scared by the other boy in the water, now coming up for air.

With the whole boat rocking even further from side to side, the four of us all jumped at Steve Harrington in the water as if it were some kind of Halloween trick-or-treat jumpscare of someone in a Michael Myers mask.

"I FOUND IT." He tells us as I tried to get my breathing under control.

"YEAH? YOU ALSO NEARLY SENT ME INTO CARDIAC ARREST. FUCK, HARRINGTON..." I shout over at him, trying to breathe, still. I don't know what cardiac arrest is, by the way.

"YOU FOUND IT?!" Nancy asked, less interested in my breathing and more interested in Steve Harrington's findings.

"I found it." Steve repeated, swimming over to the boat and grabbing the side to help himself up. "Yeah, I found it-"

Robin brought up the radio to speak through it. "Dustin, you are a goddamn Einstein." She tells the boy, "Steve found the gate right beneath us." We waited for a reply but got nothing.

"It's more of a snack-sized gate," Steve says to us, notably still not out of what I was assuming freezing cold water, "than the mama gate, but, still, it's pretty damn big." I held back making a joke due to the fact he then just kind of- disappeared into the water. I wish I was kidding, really, but Steve Harrington dove back under the water like it was apart of a horror movie.

"STEVE." With the four of us all shouting his name, multiple times, at different high pitches and horrible keys, we quickly realised that it was no use of shouting his name from the boat. What were we gonna do shout his name back to our world?

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT, MAN?" Eddie shouted over Nancy, Robin and my own shouting.

"NOT FROM HERE." I replied to him, still looking over the edge like it was not dangerous.

"NANCY, REALLY, WHAT HAPPENED?!" Robin shouted over at her, meanwhile, Nancy was already about to put one foot over the side. Oh my God this is fucking ridiculous.

"WAIT WAIT WAIT-" All eyes then turned to Eddie as he shouted louder than before (didn't even think that was possible, if I'm being honest). "You're not going in there, are you?"

"Just-" Nance glanced over at me and Robin faces, both probably very different and scared for Steve's life. "wait here."

"NO NANCY-" As we all then shouted for the girl's life, also, we watched as she then took her turn to dive into Lover's Lake.

"GODDAMN IT." Eddie added on, now even more anxious than before. Moments passed between the three of us in silence, while the boat rocked from one side to the other. My brain was ticking over fast as I looked over at Robin as if we were having a telepathic conversation. Are you gonna dive? 'Cause I'll dive if you're gonna dive-

Sitting on the edge of the boat, Robin's head turned over at me, while Eddie insisted that we didn't go like Nancy just did. "Are you sure about this, Park?" She asked, and I scoffed like it was the dumbest question on the planet.

"My girlfriend is on land, probably in great danger if we don't do this dumbass shit." I replied, head tilted. The girl smirked back at me, understanding exactly what was next for the both of us.

"SHE SAID WAIT." Eddie shouted over at us.

"Yeah." Robin says back. "We heard her."

Eddie did his best to come up with a response. "SHE'S IN CHARGE."

The girl beside me smiled. "Are you kidding?" I asked Eddie, trying to stay nice to the new boy of the group. "I'm the bitch in charge." Holding my hand out to Robin, the girl high fived it before we both did it. We leaned back and we dived into the most freezing ass lake I'd ever been in.