𝟏𝟔. getting high & drunk on sadness

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. getting high & drunk on sadness
:: bellysbonrad

"wanna go to a party?" shayla asked over the phone.

"when?" stella raised her brows, showing interest.

shayla felt bad for stella. the fact that everyone was either neglecting her or naive to what was going on. there was no one she could go to to vent.

of course, shayla was belly's friend. and she knew belly would be mad to know shayla was hanging out with stella despite belly's complaints about the girl.

however, shayla thought that stella needed someone. and that someone was going to be her.

"tonight. you can be my plus one." shayla said.

"how come i've never heard of this said party?" stella frowned.

"it's 'cause it's one of those quiet get togethers." shayla explained.

"no one really knows about it. a mutual friend is throwing it so i know, and i want you to come with me."

"sure." stella nodded, although shayla couldn't see her.

"i'll pick you up at 9." shayla said before she hung up.

stella wondered what she should wear. she wondered how she should do her hair. it felt normal again, thinking about leaving the house to go party.

"who was that?" belly casually asked when stella walked down the stairs.

she froze where she was, questioning the casual tone in belly's voice.

"no one."

"you're going to a party? can i come?"

stella scowled. now she was acting casually and all nice? when she wanted to go to a party?

"as if," stella scoffed. "no, you can't go."

"why not?" she pouted. was she being sarcastic?

"why not?" stella repeated, aghast.

"maybe because you've been ignoring me the past few days? i've been trying to talk to you and you've been giving me cold looks."

"just when i was about to forgive you." belly shrugged, not caring very much.

stella turned around and continued walking down the stairs.

"you know what? i don't give a fuck anymore." stella called out.

why did she have to be the one who always tried harder than someone else in a relationship?

whether with was with her sister, or conrad, or her friends, she was always tried meeting them in the middle. they never tried.