𝟎𝟒. the uneventful lunch

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. the uneventful lunch
:: bellysbonrad

stella groaned at the loud laughter erupting from the kitchen.

she stuffed her face into her pillow, attempting to block the sunlight from shining on her face.

every time someone spoke, it felt like they were yelling, and every sunlight that escaped from behind her curtains felt like it was piercing her head in half.

the feet stomping up the stairs sounded like someone was jumping violently at every step. her head was pounding and she was dizzy. her stomach grumbled- she hasn't properly eaten anything since last night's dinner, which she had only taken a couple bites of.

"hey." stella heard belly's voice. "mom's telling you to come down now. everyone's awake."

stella rolled over in her bed and took a look at her sister. she was changed into regular clothes- not pajamas.

"huh. i thought your bruise couldn't look any worse than it did last night. i guess i was wrong." belly said, her eye fleeting to the area stella got hit at the bonfire last night.

"what? let me see."

belly handed her a small mirror that was on stella's vanity. when stella looked in the reflection, she saw a bruise that looked purple and blue. last night it was red. it grew in size too- she didn't remember the bruise being this big before.

"fuck." stella breathed out, touching it gently with her finger.

"the deb ball stuff is today- don't forget." belly pointed out.

"belly!" laurel yelled. stella paused, trying to calm down her headache.

"is stella awake yet?!" she shouted.

well, if stella hadn't been awake, she definitely was now.

"coming!" belly screamed back and stella winced, her head piercing.

"c'mon, jere made you breakfast with his hangover smoothie. conrad's pretty hungover, too. he's being all grumpy on the couch." belly laughed.

"ah!" susannah grinned when the two girls walked into the kitchen.

"isabel and stella are going to be debutantes!" susannah smiled, declaring the fact to everyone who cared.

susannah walked up to them and embraced them in a tight hug. stella leaned into her woman, and belly wrapped one arm around her. susannah smelled like flowers. always.

"it's not that big of a deal." belly laughed as susannah let go.

"thank you. for the opportunity." stella nodded, taking a seat at the kitchen island.

"i'm sorry. you and belly are gonna be debutantes?" steven raised his brows.

"my sisters? like those... things right there?" steven pointed at the two girls. stella could hear conrad laughing from the couch in the living room.