11

"She's sustained very heavy injuries..."

"Two broken rib bones..."

"Second degree burns..."

"Unstable body condition due to sudden, drastic temperature changes..."

You flutter open your eyes as the voices began to flood your head.

You saw a familiar red headed figure, clad in nothing but a blue t-shirt and jeans, along with five other unfamiliar people in white coats.

You closed your eyes again, unable to move a muscle.

Dammit...

"Oh, the girl's awake."

You heard rustling as the bed dipped underneath your left leg, and you felt a cold hand enter yours.

"Y/N..."

His voice floated into your ears like sweet honey.

Your eyelids opened lazily, staring at Ajax.

"What do you want...?"

Ajax laughed weakly.

He looked like he was a little worse for wear.

He had a bandage around his torso, you noticed, as he lifted up the hem of his shirt to wipe off some sweat along his jaw and neck.

"I want nothing. I was just making sure you're okay. You sure gave it your all back there. You need rest."

"Where's Sharkur?"

"Oh, he's in my quarters."

"Quarters...?"

You sat up straight.

"We're in Snezhnaya?!"

You whipped your head around towards the window, and sure enough, there was snow dripping off a willow tree with low hanging branches, a pair of doves chirping in harmony.

"You were out for a good few days, Y/N. We had no more business in Inazuma, and the Traveler handled the Shogun's anger. And pretty well, I must say."

"What about Ayaka, Ayato and Thoma?!"

"They're fine. I checked in on them just before we left."

"Thank God..."

You still had tens of more questions, but you coughed into the back of your hand and when you took it away from your mouth, it was spattered in scarlet blood.

"Hey, take it easy. Your recovery will take at least a week. All other questions will be answered then, sweetie."

He inched closer to you, taking your face in his hands gently, and he leaned his forehead against yours.

"Archons knows you've dealt with a lot."

He kisses your nose, pushing your hair away from your face.

From under his eyelashes, his iconic ocean eyes revealed themselves, beautiful, blue gems you could never seem to tear your eyes away from whenever you were with him.

...

A WEEK LATER :

"Ajax, I can walk!"

"Not on my watch."

You huffed as he carried you princess style down the hall, your new bandages adorning your arms, chest and legs, as you wore one of his hoodies.

Sharkur was waiting at the door when you arrived at the quarters, a big smile on his face.