9

"Find me those insolent little trash-rummaging pieces of raccoon ass NOW!"

Signora is fuming, spitting out each word violently at Scaramouche, who stands there, unfazed.

This temper of hers is something he's all too used to

"I cannot have Y/N here, or the Traveler, or Tartaglia... you've ruined all my plans so you're going to fix them, hopefully just as quickly as you caused them."

Scaramouche scoffs.

"Fine. I don't care at this point and it's not like I have anything else to be doing."

"Out! Now! And do not show your face here until you have all three of them handcuffed and brought to their knees in front of me."

Scaramouche purses his lips and turns on his heels, walking out dutifully.

"FASTER, YOU FOOL!"

He increases his speed the tiniest bit, closing the door behind him.

...

"That woman thinks she has me under her command..."

Scaramouche kicks a rock.

"Little does she know, haha..."

He smirks a little, licking his teeth, as he takes a small, glowing purple chess piece from his pocket.

The glow reflects on his face and in his own deep, brilliant purple eyes, making his pupils seemingly disappear.

"All her efforts are for naught..."

...

Things become tense in Inazuma City over the next few days.

You were hiding out from the Fatui in the Kamisato Estate with Ajax and Sharkur.

Ayaka and Ayato spend each day in silence, sorting out their work, and sometimes they'd have to go out for business, coming back exhausted and miserable after each one.

Even if, after dinner, they smile and dismiss your concerns with a floppy wave of their hand, you and Ajax and Sharkur become affected by the contagiousness of their mood, especially since you know the Fatui's actions

"Ayaka, I know you're really busy, but you can totally lend some tasks to us if it means getting stuff off your shoulders-!"

Ayaka shook her head at you.

"Y/N, don't stress it! This is completely normal! I swear, we get even busier than this sometimes..."

Even if Ajax wasn't a major fan of Ayato, he still couldn't help but feel upset for him and his sister, seeing as they were guests in their estate.

"Ayato, please, if there's anything we can do-"

"You're wasting your breath, Ajax. If you can take care of yourselves with the servants' service, that's more than enough."

There is still the good times the five of you spent together, along with Thoma, for example, when Thoma made Hot Pot the one time and introduced you, Ajax and Sharkur to the game.

"Everyone adds an ingredient to the pot, and then..."

Ajax warily closed his eyes and took a chili pepper from the pot.

"Ah-! Hot hot! Um...! You! Ayato! You put the chili pepper in!" He points at Ayato and accuses him for his

Ayato smiled softly.

"I'm impressed!"

The tension that would be usually going on in the Kamisato Estate would wash away along with the laughter and good vibes the get-togethers would bring.