Save Face

Hiro's skull thundered with blood and death and hate.

She could hear people trying to talk to her, trying to reach her, but only a few words stood out.

"Need.....what...face?"

Hiro blinked, voice empty as she droned.

"Face. Magic bomb, meant to be used only in an extraneous circumstance. Made to eradicate all magic on the continent, and all wizards with it. Created by the magic council."

Hands were resting on her shoulders, but she couldn't see who it was, could barely make out the voice asking her to 'look at me, Hiro!'.

She just stared straight through them, hands clutching tightly to one of the two hands clutched in her own, the hands of the two men she called Mamma and Babba.

And the last thing she completely remembers is Abbi telling everyone that Mira and Erza had been kidnapped by Tartarus.

Wendy was freaking out.

Hiro didn't seem to see her earlier, when Wendy was trying so desperately to get her to focus, her younger systir's voice blank and empty as she droned on about Face.

Wendy wasn't concerned with how Hiro knew about it, there were certain things that Hiro knew because she's a Wizard Saint; but Wendy worries anyway because Hiro is so young to know these things.

They had all gone downstairs, carrying the books and maps and papers Hiro had stacked in piles around the infirmary, leaving the girl there to rest for just a moment.

When Wendy returned to try and get Hiro onto a bed, she was gone.

The blunette didn't even realize that she had screeched so loud, so high-pitched, that some of the windows in Magnolia cracked and shook.

A thundering of footsteps that echoed from the stairs as Wendy bolted towards the opened window, the curtains flowing in the breeze. Looking out, Wendy could see Hiro's form shooting away in a bolt of lightning, off out of sight.

Several arms latched around Wendy, trying to keep her down so that she didn't run after Hiro.

"Wendy! Wendy, it's okay. She'll be fine. It's Hiro, Hiro's always fine-"

But Wendy pushed them back, squirming out of their holds and launching herself out the window.

They were at war, now, and Wendy couldn't bare to lose Hiro; not even to herself.

Hiro had been silent when sneaking into Tartarus, not even sure how she found it.

She had stalked through the hallway shadows with a purpose, stopping just short of a massive doorway. There were voices speaking behind it, and Hiro leaned slightly closer to listen.

But a hand rested on her shoulder before she could and she turned back to look, resisting the urge to attack whoever dared-

Wendy.

Her outfit was different than what she was wearing this morning.

Instead of her cream-colored sweater dress and black tights, her wedge-heeled boots; her outfit seemed more like Hiro's current one.

A thick blue sweater, a pair of thick black leggings, black running boots, a belt and white gas mask hanging from the side. A matching set of white rings around her fingers, and white armour pieces similar to Hiro's made her look almost angelic in her deep blue cloak with white interior and fur collar. Her long hair had been tied up in a bun, completely away from her face.