10 - My Girlfriend For Five Minutes

Começar do início

The sound of Kayla Shields shrill voice echoes through my ears, making me cringe. I turn around, plastering a tight, fake smile on my lips. "Kayla?"

"Hey! It's been forever."

I awkwardly chuckle, scratching the back of my neck. "Yeah. Well, you did move to another state."

"I know. How long has it been? Three years?" She asks, chomping loudly on a piece of gum.

"Something like that."

Her blonde hair was perfectly straight, falling down her back. She was wearing a tight red dress that was short and hugged her perfectly. Her cleavage was showing as her breasts were pressed together... And up. Her makeup was way too heavy, and I already knew the Louis Vuitton she was carrying was fake.

"How have you been?" She asks, placing her hand on my arm.

I gently shrug her hand off, not wanting to be rude. "Fine. Thanks. Um.." I look over at Brinley, "We should get going."

"Oh.. who's this?" Kayla asks, her tone changing entirely.

"Brinley... My, girlfriend." I say and Brinley's eyes slightly widen. I give her a pleading look and she smiles, wrapping her arm around my waist.

"You have a girlfriend?" Kayla laughs, "That's funny. I forgot how funny you were." She swats my chest playfully, batting her fake eyelashes at me.

"He's not kidding." Brinley snaps and I smile down at her.

"Oh.. Is she the mother of your child or something?"

Okay, now I was getting pissed. "That's none of your business."

"No need to be rude, Christian. I was just asking." She scoffs, twirling her hair around her finger.

It was this moment right here, that made me regret my years of bunny scandals even more.

"Well, I didn't like your tone." I say through slightly gritted teeth. Brinley's thumb moves up and down on my lower back and I feel myself calming down. I'm not sure why...

"I think you should leave." Brinley says, a tight smile on her face.

"Who are you again?" Kayla asks and Brinley goes to step forward but I stop her. "You sound like you need to go back to Old McDonald's."

Brinley laughs. A laugh that kind of scared me to be honest, "That's all you could come up with?"

"Christian, I don't like her."

"I don't care what you think." I manage to say as calmly as possible.

"You should. Remember how much you used to love when I would-"

"Stop. Kayla. We slept together like twice, and I'm pretty sure I was drunk both times." I say and her mouth gapes open.

"You know, I really thought being a dad changed you." She says, her "sweet" side instantly going away and jealousy crawling out.

"It did. You're the one who hasn't." I say before turning Brinley and I around and walking to other way.

"Christian! Don't walk away from me! She's not even pretty!" She yells behind me and I roll my eyes.

"Jealous bitch."

*

"I'm sorry you had to deal with her." I say, looking over at Brinley on the couch.

"It's fine. I've dealt with jealous little girls my whole life, its nothing new."

"Thanks for being my girlfriend for those dreadful five minutes." I say, smiling gratefully at her.