Chapter 29

Killian POV

Today was the day Ronan was bringing back Lila and we were going to have a meeting about our mother. I was not looking forward to that. I just wanted to spend a week in bed with my mate.

It was now noon and she should be arriving any minute. I hope he was kind to her. It was stupid of me to agree to this. I don't even know him anymore.

I saw a car pulling up and had to force myself to stay in place. It was them. They pulled up in front of me. I opened the door and helped my mate out. I grabbed her pack from the back.

 I leaned in and told the Ronan that we were meeting about Mom and he should be there. "You're the one she did the most damage to so you're the one who has the most say. Please come."

"I don't know if that's a good idea. I have no sympathy where that woman's concerned," he says.

"So come in and have your voice heard,' I say.

He pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car. I was kissing my mate and noticed the possessive look he had on his face. This is not going to work if he was going to be like that.

Then again, I could be looking for any excuse to keep her all to myself. Maybe I'm seeing myself mirrored in his eyes. My own jealousy reflected in eyes that look just like mine.

We went to the pack house and took our seats while Lila  snacked on some carrot sticks and celery with ranch dressing. That woman was always hungry these days. I guess this is what happens when you're eating for three. Someone's always hungry. Her little baby bump grew in that week and you could definitely tell she's pregnant now.

Ronan came over to me. He started to talk but then stopped himself. He sat down on the other side of Lila and looked at me.

Ronan: I think we need to rethink our little arrangement. One week doesn't seem like enough.

Killian: It will feel like enough when you're on the opposite end of it.

Ronan: Were you serious about merging packs and building a new pack house between the two?

Killian: Yes I was. Why? Do you want to do it?

Ronan: I would rather have the three of us together than to be left out. You guys had plenty of time to form a bond. I'm looking for the same opportunity. If that means merging then let's do it.

Killian: Let's iron out the details when we're done here.

Ronan: Sounds good to me.

Killian: I took over Dad's office. We'll meet there.

Ronan: Righto skip.

Killian Are you trying to get the last word?

Ronan: Of course not. What are we six?

Killian: The meeting is about to start. Shut up.

Ronan: Zipping it up.

Killian: Good.

I closed the mindlink before he could reply. I could hear him laughing. He would always do that when we were kids and it drove me crazy. I steal a carrot and dip it in ranch before eating it.

My father comes into the room and everyone quiets down. He looks around at everyone then says, "there's a few people missing. Where's Tomas and Benjamin? I said this was a family meeting."

Benjamin is moving us in. I told him he could stay home," Josephine says.

"That's a pity. He's family and he should be here," Alpha Lance says. "If we can't come to a conclusion here today, you need to make sure he's here next time."