Chapter 3

Killian POV

It's been two months since I've arrived home. I've chased down every ridiculous lead I've come across. There's been sightings everywhere, from New York to Las Vegas. I have to go because I can sniff her out.

At least twenty Alphas were just looking to marry off their daughters. Eight people turned in their rivals and two claimed it was themselves. This hotline has proven useless.

"Killian, get in here," I hear my Dad call from his office.

I slowly make my way there. He's sitting behind his desk looking excited. He always looks excited when a new lead comes in. I wish I had the enthusiasm he has. I'm about ready to give up.

"What's up Dad? Another Alpha offering his daughter as a replacement?" I say, cynically.

"No. This one looks promising. He claims he saw her at one of his subordinate packs. He says the Alpha was evasive when he asked about her," my Dad says, excited.

"Where is this pack? Do you know the Alpha?" I ask.

"Alpha Jerome is an old friend but I do not know the Alpha he is talking about. His name is Tomas Diaz. He has a very small pack in Texas. Looks like she headed south in Illinois then drove until she couldn't anymore," he says cheerfully.

"I don't know. We've been to Texas three times now," I say. " What makes you think this one is right?"

"Well we also have six other sightings in that same area. I think she works in a bakery near the pack lands. There was that woman with the banana bread and the man with the pumpernickel loaf. And now we have an Alpha I know we can rely on," he says, getting up from his desk.

"I guess I can check out that lead in Oklahoma on the way. Thanks Dad," I say, giving him a hug.

I left my Dad's office and ran into my mother. She looks up at me with a smile on her face.

"Hey honey. Where are you off to now?" She asks.

"Oklahoma and then Texas, again," I say. "Dad thinks she's in Texas. Guess we have to wait and see."

"I hope you find her this time. I hate to see you like this. She better be worth it," she says, patting my cheek.

"The Moon Goddess doesn't make mistakes," I say. "I'm going to go pack now. I'll see you before I leave."

"Okay honey. Keep your head up son. She's out there somewhere," she says before going into my father's office.

I made my way to my bedroom I'm going over everything that I would need for the trip. Better clothes, check. I have transportation vehicles, check. I usually take 20 of our best fighters with me just in case. Maybe I'll bring a little more for this trip. I wasn't sure how small this pack was but if I had to fight to get her back, I will.

Part of the alpha training was diplomacy if that didn't work, nobody's going to keep me from finding her. I will fight.

Lila POV

Things with Tomas have been going great. I wanted to do something special for him, but couldn't decide what. He's pretty minimalistic.

Maybe it was time to give him myself. I always thought I would wait for my mate, but Tomas is different. He's sweet without trying. He always knows how to make me laugh. He hasn't pressured me at all for sex. The list goes on and on.

So what's stopping me? I know when I find my mate he'll have to forgive my indiscretions. Tomas wouldn't be my first. I was curious in high school and slept with my best friend.

Since it's not the want of remaining virginal, what could it be? I can't think of anything. He can't begrudge me trying to find a little happiness in this situation, can he? Perhaps I should leave here and go searching for my mate, but only after I give myself to Tomas.