CH6: The first goodbye

Start from the beginning

"Ughh! Trisha! Shut up shut up!" I screamed and began chasing her again. "Then admit it, Anju!" She laughed and ran away again. She sang continuously for a long time while I chased her.

I took a deep breath and sat on the couch. Trisha laughed and sat done next to me. I glared at her when she began singing again. "Fine, will you shut up if I tell you?" I asked her and she began nodding vigorously like an excited child.

"We kissed!" I told her and went to the kitchen. I shook my head and laughed when she began hooting. "I was right! I was right! Yaay yaay!"

|Flashback ends|

I smiled when I remembered the incident. Trisha always gets what she wants but she's the best one ever. "Hello! Anjali! Where are you lost? Ohh, are you thinking about your love Tushar?" I glared at her and began hitting her continuously with a paper.

"Shut up Trisha!" Trisha laughed and pushed my hands away. "Okay okay stop! I won't say anything. God!" I scoffed at her and went back to correct the books.

I smirked when I remembered something. Mr. PT sir and Trisha had confessed their love for each other. "How's everything with Mr. Physical Fitness? Love is in the air right?" I wiggled my brows. I laughed when she blushed profusely.

"Oh my god! Ashish has done some magic on you. Aww, you're so cute!" I pulled her cheeks and she slapped my hands away. She sighed dreamily. "He's amazing. He does not compliant about anything I do, he's so sweet when my mood is messed up and also he knows which desserts are my favorite ones."

I chuckled and continued correcting the books. I bit the tip of the pen and sighed. "Trish, I think I should introduce Tushar to Papa, today." Trisha dropped her phone on the table and turned to me.

"Are you sure? Why don't you wait for a few more days?" I sighed and shook my head. "No, Trisha. I don't want to hide this from Papa anymore. Tushar is the one Trisha and I want Tushar to meet Papa. Besides I don't want Papa to find out all of this from outside or on his own. He's already looking at me suspiciously. It's making me feel so guilty. I want to rip the band-aid off."

I ranted and bit the tip of the pen again waiting for her reply. "It's up to you Anju. If you think it's the right time now then go ahead. I'm always here to support you." I sighed happily when I heard her reply. But I'm still freaking out. How is Papa going to react?

I had never really dated anyone so I didn't have to worry about all of this. "Trisha I'm freaking out. Do you think Papa will be disappointed or sad? Oh god! I don't want him to be either of them! I just want him to be happy! Is that too much to ask for?" I cried out and held my head between my hands.

Trisha laughed while I glared at her. She was enjoying this. "Shut up!" I nearly screamed but controlled my voice.

"Anjali, just relax. You're psyching yourself out for no reason. I'm sure Uncle will like Tushar and he isn't going to be disappointed okay? Just breathe in and breathe out. Try to relax."

I took deep breaths and tried to push away the worst scenarios out of my head and decided to focus on the present. The rest of the day breezed by. I quickly gathered my belongings and exited the school. I smiled at some of the kids and waved back at them.

I hadn't bought my scooter today as Trisha had picked me up. She had to leave because she had a few errands to run. I sighed and stood in front of the main gate. I grabbed my phone to see if Tushar had texted or called me. But, unfortunately, he had done neither. I sighed and pouted. It's been a while and I miss his wisecracks.

I was about to text him when I heard someone say, "Do you need a lift ma'am?" My heart fluttered when I recognized the voice. I looked to find Tushar standing just a few meters away from me. He was leaning against his bike and grinning.